Bates Motel

Tools    

I finished season 1 three months ago and OMG can't wait for season 2. Vera Farmiga is superb as Norma Bates. One of the best cable shows. Season 2 is coming in 2014.

I saw season 1 and, while not completely convinced by it, I'll be tuning in to season 2. Once I stopped thinking about it as a Psycho prequel or how Norman Bates was created and started to think of it as an extremely dark small town drama, ala Twin Peaks or Blue Velvet, I felt much better about it. I'd quite like to see season 1 again with that mindset all the way through and see if I like it better as a whole.

I think Vera Farmiga is really good as Norma, but I was expecting that. It was Olivia Cooke as Emma who really surprised. Freddie Highmore does very well with his role, too.

I saw season 1 and, while not completely convinced by it, I'll be tuning in to season 2. Once I stopped thinking about it as a Psycho prequel or how Norman Bates was created and started to think of it as an extremely dark small town drama, ala Twin Peaks or Blue Velvet, I felt much better about it. I'd quite like to see season 1 again with that mindset all the way through and see if I like it better as a whole.

I think Vera Farmiga is really good as Norma, but I was expecting that. It was Olivia Cooke as Emma who really surprised. Freddie Highmore does very well with his role, too.
The only thing I did not like about Season 1 was the sex slave thing. It made the show kind of boring.

I watched one episode and I didn't like the acting or the writing, so didn't watch any more.
The acting was OK. Vera Farmiga is AMAZING. She was nominated for an Emmy for her performance as Norma Bates in the show.

^This