Is a Spike Lee joint worth passing?

Tools    

The Fat of the Mailbox
I've never seen "Do the Right Thing" and I've heard its good, does anyone here reccomend it.

I just had to post this beucase I thought of a cool subject

I really like Malcom X , but I don't know any of his other films though, help me out!

No matter what one may think of Spike Lee as a personality, his politics, or any of his other film work, Do the Right Thing (1989) is a masterpiece of the highest order and should be REQUIRED viewing in the country of ours. Get yourself a copy immediately (the Criterion DVD is a fabulous package if'n you can go that way). And wear some old pants, because you're going to have your @ss blown off. Seriously, see it as soon as fu*king possible: pronto. Then watch it again. I most definitely recommend it unreservedly.

Mass-duhr-peeze!

Er, not that I have any strong feelings on the subject.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Read Holden's post; it tells you what you need to know and how soon you need to learn it.

I recommend He Got Game because it's one of my choices for most underrated movie. It's outrageously good. And, to add another Spike Lee joint to the "required viewing" category, Bamboozled is essential.

Good luck.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I agree entirely with Holden, Do the Right Thing is a brillant, brillant film....nothing short of a masterpiece.

here are the spike lee movies i've seen, in order of how much i liked them.

jungle fever
do the right thing
mo' better blues
clockers

he got game
school daze
she's gotta have it

bamboozled
girl 6
summer of sam

the first four are absolutely essential viewing, the second three are totally excellent and definately worth seeing, and the bottom three are good, you should see them, but i wont hold it against you if you dont. speaking of malcolm x reminds me that there are still some i have yet to see! shoot!

See it now. One of the most important movies to see as an American.

Originally posted by Steve
I recommend He Got Game because it's one of my choices for most underrated movie. It's outrageously good.
A big-a** ditto to that. That movie blew me away.

It's not important, now A Night at the Roxbury is important.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Spike Lee is one of the best filmmakers of the 20th century and beyond. His films are always great and guaranteed to piss off the right people. Do the Right Thing is a classic.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by Monkeypunch
Spike Lee is one of the best filmmakers of the 20th century and beyond. His films are always great and guaranteed to piss off the right people. Do the Right Thing is a classic.
I totally agree. "Do the Right Thing" is of course a masterpiece but I really like most of the films by him that I've seen. "Clockers", "Mo Better Blues", "Jungle Fever", "She's Gotta Have It", they're all very worth seeing. Gonna see "Girl 6" on sunday.