Les Miserables (my first review, hence possible mistakes)

→ in
Tools    

I was quite excited and looking forward to watching Les Miserables as i was quite familiar with the story, the book and everything. Although i knew it was going to be a musical, i didn't know that it would be an exact adaptation of the Broadway musical and so after 10 minutes into the movie, when i realized that the actors would only be singing i was a bit weirded out. However i got used to it eventually and i quite enjoyed the film. It is a little dull at times but as an overall production it's quite impressive. What i loved the most was the performances of Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathway. Hugh was stunning in his performance and his transformation to Jean Valjean amazed me as i am used to seeing him in more physical roles(like in the X men). Anne was amazing, she made me cry when she was singing ''I Dreamed a Dream''. A good and beautiful musical all in all.

Rating: 3/5

I'm not quite convinced to watch it. Maybe because, as you said, it's a musical. I love "Les misérables" from 00's. Depardieu, Clavier and Malkovich made such a great "team" in this movie.