Flight

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Enter Whip Whittaker, a pilot whom has a rather troubled life stemming from alcoholic addiction. Denzel Washington plays the role of Whittaker who takes flight of a plane that is doomed for failure. He becomes a hero to many, but there are many doubters as to whether the events of his lifehood had anything to do with the destiny of the plane.

Without giving away the film (because it really isn't about the Flight itself), I must say first and foremost that I would be very very surprised to see Denzel Washington get robbed of a nomination here. This is Ray Milland/Nicholas Cage type of acting within alcoholic roles, and if not better.

Robert Zemeckis finally delivers an awesome film as this is his film non-animated film since Cast Away. Add this one to his list of greats.

The supporting cast is awesome as well, particularly with Cheadle and Goodman.

I don't want to give away to much, but I think that this will be up there for best films of 2012 when it is all said and done for me. It gets a 9/10 from me.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Nice to hear a really positive review for this one. Been interested in it for a while due to it being Zemeckis' return to live action. I don't feel he's really a big name in directing but he's been responsible for a lot of great films - Back to the Future 1-3, Cast Away, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Forrest Gump, Romancing the Stone - that I really love. In fact just going by numbers of films of his I love he'd probably be amongst my favourite directors

What kind of direction does the film take rauld? Is it a pure drama or does it move into mystery/thriller territory?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Nice to hear a really positive review for this one. Been interested in it for a while due to it being Zemeckis' return to live action. I don't feel he's really a big name in directing but he's been responsible for a lot of great films - Back to the Future 1-3, Cast Away, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Forrest Gump, Romancing the Stone - that I really love. In fact just going by numbers of films of his I love he'd probably be amongst my favourite directors

What kind of direction does the film take rauld? Is it a pure drama or does it move into mystery/thriller territory?

Pretty much stays within the drama realm, and goes pretty in depth with being a character study of Washington's character. Seriously though, while one would think that maybe the trailer gave a bit too much of the film away, you'll be surprised with what you see.

This film is very comparable to the hype that I had for The Descendants for the oscars. Granted, I don't think Flight will get a best picture nom (though there is a chance that it yet still could), Washington should be a shoo-in as a nom for the 1st time in over ten years. I'm pumped.

I thought this was quite amusing.

Drinks brands ask to be blurred from new Denzel Washington film
Budweiser and Stolichnaya aren't happy with the negative product placement

Budweiser and Stolichnaya have asked the makers of new Denzel Washington film 'Flight' to have their brands blurred out of view, according to reports.

The film, which is released in the UK on February 1 and is already out in the US, is an unflinching depiction of alcoholism, with Washington playing a pilot with a booze problem who becomes an unwilling hero after he saves lives following a plane crash.

But neither company are happy at being associated with the story and its negative connotations towards alcohol, particularly scenes in which Washington is shown drink-driving.

“We would never condone the misuse of our products, and have a long history of promoting responsible drinking and preventing drunk driving,” vice president of Budweiser Robert McCarthy told Reuters.

“It is disappointing that Image Movers, the production company, and Paramount chose to use one of our brands in this manner.”

The makers of Stolichnaya vodka were equally upset that their product should be used in a negative light.

“As the importer of Stoli to the United States, we were dismayed by the choice of Paramount to include Stoli in the recent film 'Flight',” said a spokesperson for parent company William Grant & Sons.

“Considering the subject matter of the film 'Flight', it is certainly not a project in which we would have willingly participated. The inclusion directly contradicts... our commitment to responsible marketing.

“Accordingly, we ask Paramount to remove any reference to the Stolichnaya brand, including the brand logo, from this film and all subsequent adaptations.”

Paramount is not obliged to remove the labels due to rules over fair usage rules which allow brands to be used without advance permission.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/drinks-br...gton-film.html