Unmade Sequels

Tools    

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Some of your Favourite movies...that never spawned sequels , but you wish they had (or perhaps they still will) ...that`s what this about.

Ten of mine:

The Thing - Left open-Long overdue-Probably never happen now though, but with Carpenters recent track record, maybe that`s a good thing.
Bladerunner - Who wouldn`t?
The Big Lebowski - The Dude Abides-Best character in years!
Grosse Point Blank -One of the most underrated of recent times.
Total Recall-So what happened after the **** it the fan?
The Ghost in the Shell - Best Manga advert ever!
Beetlejuice - Keaton at his best?
Seven - Pitt & Freeman-Excellent doulbe act that deserves another showcase.
Jason & the Argonauts -Wont work now, but would have worked then.
Battlefield Earth - Whole new cast, whole new crew...do the damn thing justice.

Bladerunner - Was there sequel book?

Big lebowski - Have the cohen brothers ever made a sequel, it would be good.

AS for Seven a sequel like that would be bad, because of the plot, now lets say the plot was more character oriented, sure. But not this one.

I would like to see:
Ninja Scroll 2
Ninja Turtles 4
Frogs 2
And some more other moviex that were just plain cool, like Iron Monkey 2 re-done
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

The Future Ed Wood
ghost in the shell 2 is actually being made as we speak. dont expect to see it anytime soon though

i would like to see

ghostbusters 3
starship troopers 2
leon 2

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Enemies are so stimulating.
i would have liked to have seen a beetlejuice 2 (or is it beetleguise?).

- 'beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice'
- 'EEEEEEEEEEEEHH!'

how would seven 2 have worked? i dont think i would have liked that. kevin spacey wouldnt have been back it would have been...well i dont think it would have been as good but thats only coz i cant think of a good plot for it.

when i was a kid i always wanted to see a hook 2....like the return of hook or sommit but i guess they couldnt have done that coz peter probably would have been too old unless they did it 1 yr later and then i dont think it would have worked.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

Originally posted by James2183

starship troopers 2
YES!!!
ANd add Super Troopers 2 that would be great!

The Future Ed Wood
hopefully have the characters from the first one die!!! well, rico at least

Originally posted by sisboombah
i how would seven 2 have worked?
they could do it with a copycat killer....
personally I think they should leave it alone, It was a fabulous movie and I would hate to see it tainted by a crappy sequel. So many movies get ruined (pronounced RU-INT) by just not letting good enough be.

IMO of course.

edited: this is an after thought they could call it Seven (with the little 2 like squared) or 49.... lol....
sorry I am in a goofy mood.

The Future Ed Wood
se7en never really had anything to go on after spacey leaves! unless pitt takes his place as the killer

The Future Ed Wood
lol! thats good! how about se7en + 1? nah not as good

As for nominating Seven , I was basing it on the teaming up again of Pitt & Freeman .
No need to call it any corny crap , just put them together as their characters and let them catch another serial killer-easy.

James2183 -Leon is my all-time *1, but I didn`t nominate it coz that is one that should never be tampered with.

Glad to hear a sequel to Ghost in the Shell is due though.

SE17ENTEEN
And it would be killing for the 17 umm thers gottabe seventeen something

The Future Ed Wood
Leon 2 would work i think. Matilda has grown up and is now a pro cleaner!

Nice call on Ninja Turtles. They're making another Ninja Turtles Movie, but it's gonna be more like the comic book. In the comic book, they all wore red bandana's, and there was a lot of gore and such in it. Later on, they changed the colors, but it was still pretty dark. Kinda' like a dark comedy, ya' know?

starship troopers 2 would be great

definately grosse point blank

blade runner would be really cool too

Originally posted by James2183
Leon 2 would work i think. Matilda has grown up and is now a pro cleaner!
A Leon film?...without Leon ?

Beetlejuice 2 and Starship Troopers 2 would be great! Ninja Turtles may not be bad, but I wasn't too keen on the others anyway.

I think an Unbreakable II would be cool.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Speilberg, back in E.T. days was thinking of doing a sequel to E.T. which was going to be about E.T. comes back to earth and needs eliot's help to get a bad alien or something (Only vague at the moment, read it in Stevens Biography). It would have been good for a bit of adventure, but then the last scene at the end of E.T. would be pointless and mean nothing anymore.

As well as Unbreakable, Signs should have a sequel because there are so many questions to be answered and the aliens ARE coming back (well, it said so in the book).