Looking For The Title Of A Funny Mobster Movie

Tools    

So, there's a movie - I know I'm going to be vague but this is all I got so I apologize.

A mob boss, this is the most important because he's the funniest part of the whole movie (someone like Caan, Palminteri) has two or three of his goons out looking for "the bag of money", "the dead body", "the witness", the MacGuffin or whatever it is.

They call him every know and then, telling him of their failure to get this item and he berates them. The goons might be in Miami or the Bahamas or something, but he's up in his office in NYC.

The actor who is playing the boss is who makes the movie. His tirades are hysterical.

The movie is well known, but wasn't a huge success...more of a sleeper.

That's all I've got, I know it's a complete lack of information...but I need to get this movie because I remember it always making me laugh.

Sure it wasnt a movie with Stallone? The only funny mob movie I think of has Stallone.

Semper Fooey
I can think of a lot of mob movies that are supposed to be funny, but I can't figure out that one.

Semper Fooey
It almost sounds like 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag, but I don't remember a mob boss barking orders on the phone.

Well, I looked at the trailer and there is some of that, but the actor in the part is not someone I am familiar with, and I still think it is a minor part of the movie, but here is the trailer anyway.

I don't think so. I know it's not 8 Heads or Get Shorty either.

99% sure it's Denis Farina in his office most of the time making a bunch of ludicrous threats and rants.

Mid nineties I'm guessing as well.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Is it possibly Snatch? Mid 90's mob film with Brad Pitt, Dennis Farina, Benicio Del Toro, Jason Statham...he was looking for a diamond in that film...

That's my only guess.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

It sounds like Midnight Run
I love Midnight Run, seen it a million times but it's been a few years, so it may be that.

Gives me a reason to watch it again.

I love Midnight Run, seen it a million times but it's been a few years, so it may be that.

Gives me a reason to watch it again.
I was thinking of Midnight Run even before the picture of Dennis Farina was posted so I feel quite sure it's what you're looking for. Enjoy it!

I was thinking of Midnight Run even before the picture of Dennis Farina was posted so I feel quite sure it's what you're looking for. Enjoy it!
It was Midnight Run.

Can't believe I didn't remember.

Farina: Put Moron #2 on the phone.

Moron #2: That's the information we got.

Farina:
You listen to me. I want this ****'s lights out. And you better get more personally involved and stop sending other people to do your job.

Moron #2: You got it.

Farina:
If you don't, I'll stab you right through the heart with a *** pencil.

Moron #2: You got it.

Freaking hilarious. All I do is laugh through this movie...

And that's just Farina's first appearance. Every line in this movie is perfect.

Love it!

Thanks all.
You got it.