Name of martial arts movie kinda like bloodsport....

Tools    

hi, ive been trying for years to find out the name of this movie but no luck, i watched it on vhs like 12 or 13 years ago. basically its a martial arts movie, kinda like bloodsport or something, yano one of those movies like an underground fighting thing, battles to the death etc, i dont remember too much about it but one scene in particular is 2 of the fighters are talking, i think one was chinese and the other a white guy and the scene basically is they are both talking and its like at this underground fighting thing, but i remember they are outside their rooms or almost like cells where they are staying in this underground fighting thing, i remember jail cell type bars on the rooms, def not in a jail though and the white guy, i think he had long hair all of a sudden slashes the chinese guy right the way down the fron with his sword/machete, it looks as if it doesnt touch him but then u just see a big red line all the way down the front of the chinese guy and he drops to the floor. sorry for being so vague but thats basically all i can remember about it, really wanna see it again, anybody got any ideas??

its an american movie mate..any ideas??

what a legend u are sir, it was american samurai. unreal!! thanks so much!