Austin Powers in Goldmember

→ in
Tools    

Enemies are so stimulating.
i did a search before i did this topic for austin powers 3 and it didnt find anything so heres my topic..

i just got back from seeing austin powers and omfg it was so funny! i loved it!

WARNING: "Austin Powers Cameos" spoilers below
the only thing i regret is that i missed dustin hoffman on graham norton by 30 minutes! damit damit damit!

...... okay

WELL, Jason here has just returned from the special sneak preview of....

AUSTIN POWERS in
Goldmember

I typed that very small because, well, Goldmember, the character, wasn't so great. I think a serious yawn is needed here.

However

Just because Goldmember wasn't very golden, it doesn't mean the movie wasn't. Here's the gist:

Film opens

Opening sequence spoiler:
WARNING: "goldmember" spoilers below
Great cameos by Kevin Spacey, Danny Devito, Gweneth Paltrow (as Dixie Normous), Steven Spielberg, Britney Spears, and Quincy Jones! And, there's a Tom Cruise cameo too.

Film kinda then drags... OKAY! Now here's the gist of what I really think:

Overall, this is the best movie in the series. It is completely over the top, bigger than life, and just... extraordinary, baby.
However, during the first act of the film, I didn't think it was the best one. It felt like it was going too fast and the humor just wasn't that funny. But then it just gets better and better and very fresh. Sure, it repeats gags from the other films, but there's nothing wrong with them.

I LOVED Foxxy Cleopatra! I LOVED Dr. Evil and Mini Me! I LOVED.... well, the rest had their moments. But these characters really shined.

The movie was sensory overload, but I survived. I'm very happy with Austin Powers 3 because it's different (70s, not 60s, not much time traveling) and definitely my favorite in the trilogy. I may even go see it again sometime.

BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE CHANGED THE TITLE!!!! That's the only thing that really bugs me. There's just nothing great about the Goldmember himself.

Minor Spoiler:
WARNING: "goldmember" spoilers below
I WANTED TO SEE HIS GOLDEN GENITALS! That's all I kept thinking about whenever I saw him, not because I'm into those kind of genitals, but because it was the only interesting thing about him.

Despite the stupid villian, I thought it was the perfect final chapter.

And now I'm gonna stand behind a curtain and give it two thumbs up.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Just saw the sneak preview. Pretty damn funny and quiet possibly the funniest yet. I expected it to be a little dry, but it really wasn't. Stay during the credits and you'll have a few more laughs too. Really gets my vote!

Just got back from opening night for Austin Powers:Goldmember. I think it's the best AP flick out of the three.

WARNING: "AP3" spoilers below
I love the whole deal of it being a movie within a movie. The cameos were hysterical at the start ...... especially Brittany Spears having her head explode.

Added a spoilers notice, hope ya don't mind

What I love about this series is that it evolves -- it gets smarter with each movie. I wasn't a big fan of International Man of Mystery -- I barely laughed during it. It seemed silly and cheap, and I also wasn't into secret agent/spy flicks.

The Spy Who Shagged Me was a huge improvement to me. It got me into the franchise and kept me eagerly waiting for the next sequels. I first heard that they were planning on making six, but then it became three. Anyway, I laughed a lot during this one. Dr. Evil on Jerry Springer... the Starbucks headquaters... Frau, her lesbian lover, and her other lover, Dr. Evil.... Robin Swallows... the constant good penis jokes...

And now, Goldmember is here and it's what I've truly been waiting for. It's just an explosion... like something finally hitting the Earth.

The first film was a unique student. The second film was a talented student. The third film was a genius.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I thought this movie was so funny, mostly the parts with Dr. Evil and him yelling at mini me. Freaking A hole, i mean i laughed so hard. Did anyone else see it.
I also saw eight legged freaks, that was a weird scary movie, i mean the spiders laugh and stuff.???

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Federal Marshall
I just saw Goldmember today, Me and my friend both found it hilarious. The way they managed to get many BIG BIG stars tocameo was very good, especially when the camera cuts down to Danny DeVito Playing Mini Me. Also the behind the scenes gags like the wire-fu wire guys and the man "pretending to be doing stuff by randomly twisting knobs". Instead of deteriorating as the series goes on as other movies can, the Austin Powers series seems to be getting better with each installment, it seems they are taking notes of which kind of gags are causing the audiences to laugh and making sure they repeat them, and leaving out the worse ones.

Radioactive Spider Blood
My biggest complaint about this movie (I thought it was great, but otherwise):

Where was Mustapha?? No... I want my Will Ferrel!

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Found this movie hillarious! At times I was the only one laughing in the theatre. Cameos continue to be fantastic. Dr. Evil is one of the best "villians" around today. The constant humerous twists, and continous story "unlike most spy movies" keeps this series top notch!

I this movie! I went to see with my older brother and my mom. But the sound cut out to when Austin first enters to see Dr Evil in jail, to halfway through the High School scene. I was so angry, I wanted to yell "THIS SUCKS!!!"

i thought one of the only funny parts was the beginning but it was fun
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

A novel adaptation.
I thought this movie was awful, really dissapointed me. The begiining was hilarious, and then the movie just stopped being funny. The jokes were mediocre, but poorly executed, and they tried to milk every joke as long as they could, just dragging them on and on and on. I'm normally a big fan of mike myers, but as much as I tried to, I just didnt find this movie funny.

Herodotus, I believe you deserve one of these:

Now that that's said and done...

WARNING: "Austin Powers 3" spoilers below
I thought it was pretty clever how they had Ozzy Osbourne insult them for using the same joke 3 times. And setting Scott up to be the next bad guy (If they do a fourth movie). I thought that they came up with some good jokes. Especially Nathan Lanes doing the voice of Foxxy Cleopatra. And the cameo's were great! I love how they had Kevin Spacey play Dr. Evil, Danny Devito as Mini Me, and Tom Cruise as Austin. I noticed that during the credits (I always stay for the credits), they had : "Tom Cruise Stunts".

I pretty much agree with Jason, the movie started slow but picks up speed and builds to a hilarious ending. I still don't think it was as funny, or as original as the first movie. The first Austin Powers was also more of a movie, while Goldmember has a superthin plot. Also, Goldmember the character did suck, and I'm not sure why they keep bringing back Dr.Evil. Did every james bond flick have the same villain?

I completely forgot to post my thoughts on this movie - I adore it. I hated the second, thought it was stupid, and a lot of this one was stupid as well...but then there's a joke about sharks with laser beams on their heads and I'm in comedy heaven. So, Goldmember is a good movie!

I pretty much disagree with everyone here. I did not like this movie. It seemed like a million different things just thrown together. Austin didn't seem to have the same sweetness that he had in the first two films. There was way too much MTV influence, which I feel cheapened the movie. Mike Meyers can do so much better. And Mustafa should have been in it. A lot of the jokes were so cliche, it made me sick.
Austin Powers in Goldmember just didn't feel the same as the others.

Ok I forgot, the begining with the cameos was pretty good.