Saully's Top 100 Favourite Movies [New and Improved List]

→ in
Tools    

Welcome!
To my new and improved, top 100 favourite movies list!

Okay so i've put much thought into the list this time.

I will be ranking the list in a special kind of way way. Like, my top 100, then my top 90, top 80, etc. Not like, my 98th favourite movie, then my 97th favourite movie.

I have no idea if you know what i mean, but here goes!

Top 100:

[Tron/Tron: Legacy]

"The only way to win the game is not to play."

I couldn't decide which one i liked the most, so i just picked them both.

The first time i saw the original Tron, was when i was 8 or 9 years old.
Being trapped in the ENCOM mainframe, just amazed me somehow.
But i guess they are a little confusing. They are the kind of movies you have to watch 3 times to fully understand what is going on.
Generally it is about this crazy computer program.
Blue vs. Orange.

If you haven't seen any of them, i recommend you watch the first one first.
And probably rent it before buying it, because i can't promise you that you'll like it. Most people on here don't...

Top 100:

[Yes Man]

"Everytime an opportunity presents itself, you will say yes!"

When i saw the trailer i didn't expect much.
But the movie grew on me, and is now one of my favourite Jim Carrey movies.
The movie is about Carl Allen, a bank employee, who basically says no to life. One day, Carl meets an old colleague of his, Nick, who suggests that he goes to a "Yes!" seminar with him. And so he does.
Carl promises to stop being a "No Man" and vows to answer "Yes!"
to every opportunity.

Top 100:

[The Nightmare Before Christmas]

"Eureka! This year, Christmas will be - OURS!"

I was really young when i first saw this. Think i was 8 or 9 years old. I thought that it was going to be a really scary movie, and that i wouldn't even watch the whole thing. Yes it was kinda scary for me at that time, but i loved it. And i still do.
The movie is about Jack Skellington, the king of Halloween, who is tired of the world of Halloween. He wants something different, and eventually wanders out land into Christmas land. He loves the concept and feeling he gets from this place, and tries to share it with his fellow Halloween creatures.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Welcome!
To my new and improved, top 100 favourite movies list!

Okay so i've put much thought into the list this time.

I will be ranking the list in a special kind of way way. Like, my top 100, then my top 90, top 80, etc. Not like, my 98th favourite movie, then my 97th favourite movie.

I have no idea if you know what i mean, but here goes!

Cool look forward to the list, as it is difficult to compile a top 100. I'm in the process of it, and if you're anything like me, you are in moods for certain films which kind of destabalize any definitive list, but if thinking carefully a person can compile a list of consistent films they think are great, contemplate, and want to watch again... and again...

That's kind of a new idea of ranking by tens. I like it... I'm not going to do that with my list, until my top 10, which are already on here, but I look forward to yours.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Why? I thought he made it very clear.
Because I thought he didn't make the process very clear, why else?

But I think I get it now. You're doing 100-90 in no order, 90-80 in no order, 80-70 and so on, right?

But I think I get it now. You're doing 100-90 in no order, 90-80 in no order, 80-70 and so on, right?
Correct

Top 100:

[Mad Max 2]

"You wanna get out of here? You talk to me."

First time i watched was about a week ago, on blu-ray. Epic.
The movie is about a former police officer, who is traveling through Australia after a nuclear war. He finds himself as the only hope of a small group of honest people running a remote oil refinery. He must protect them from a gang that is terrorizing them while transporting their fuel supply to safety.

Interesting list. Didn't care for TRON: Legacy or Yes Man, and I only enjoyed Mad Max 2 but, I'm happy to see The Nightmare Before Christmas up there; that film is one of my favorites.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Yes Man is decent, The Nightmare Before Christmas is enjoyable and Mad Max 2 is a great sequel. Can't tell if I enjoy more than the first though. Good start.

Top 100:

[Pan's Labyrinth]

"My name is Ofelia. Who are you?"

If a movie doesn't have English speech, then i most likely won't watch it. Because i hate reading the subtitles while watching a movie. But i didn't mind that with this movie.
The movie is about a young girl, fascinated with fairy-tales, who is sent along with her mother to live with her new stepfather. During the night, she meets a fairy who takes her to an old faun in the center of the labyrinth. He tells her she's a princess, but must prove her royalty by surviving three gruesome tasks.

[Sweeney Todd]

“I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know.“

Better than Moulin Rouge!
The movie is about Benjamin Barker, who was married to Lucy and they had a child called Johanna. The beauty of Lucy attracts the attention of Judge Turpin, who falsely accuses Benjamin of a crime that he did not commit and abuses Lucy later after gaining custody of her. After fifteen years in exile, Benjamin returns to London under the new identity of Sweeney Todd, seeking revenge against Turpin.

Interesting list I wonder if you could number them so I can know where you up to

Thanks I am ranking them by tens. Like, 100-90 in no order, 90-80 in no order, 80-70 and so on.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Pan's Labyrinth is one of those I've been meaning to see forever, but have never gotten round to it.
So get to it. It's on DVD blue ray and may even be on Netflix instant streaming.