The Grinch DVD

I got to see a preliminary copy of the Universal/Imagine DVD release of The Grinch this week. Look for a ton of special features that may be on a second supplement disc or as a double sided dual layer T2. The Grinch's director, Ron Howard, also did EDTV which will be a stepping-stone of sorts for Grinch. Look for about 30 minutes of deleted scenes, numerous outtakes, storyboards, and a possible Jim Carrey improv of his classic impersonations while in full Grinch costume. The disc should be in DTS and anamorphic with cast/crew bios, a history of Dr. Seuss, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and commentaries. The Universal rep hinted at Easter Eggs, but didn't give specifics. A sing-along feature was also mentioned, but it may not end up on the final product. Of course everything I saw could change before release and a lot of stuff could be added too, but it was pretty sweet to see a pre-release version.
No I'm not going to kiss you. Although you need kissing, badly. | New! Movie Fever Forums

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

That sounds pretty cool - doesn't surprise me in the least, either. I get the impression he "goofs off" during virtually every movie he's in.
Please direct all complaints to Steve.

The outtakes are hysterical. The packaging that was proposed is unique too. Universal wants to do a pop-up book in Dr. Seuss style for the case and booklet. Looked cute, but it may not be the final product.