Princess Mononoke (Animation)

→ in
Tools    

Why am I here?
This movie is so cool it just leaks excellence and class. With Gillian Anderson as the Wolf Queen it rocks. The animation is seemless and so complecated it makes you weep!!

Anyone agree?

Sic Networks

"Fabricated American"
It was definately an exelect movie. The themes of this movie were amazingly intertwined. The death of the old Gods brought by the birth of a new, advancement bringing destruction, controller as nurturer. Amazingly done.

I loved the wood sprites *boinnnnng*

-GTB

Dedicated Ewan freak forever.
I never got to see this movie. In fact, it was the video that broke my VCR. I got it fixed, eventually, but I don't trust videos or VCR's anymore. DVD's are the only thing for me

Why am I here?
I had it on VCR, and recently bought it on DVD, and it rocks bells on DVD!!

Saw the trailer. Bought it, watched it, loved it!

The translation was done by Neil Gaiman, how cool is that? However I nearly always watch the original language version.

I also liked the wood sprites GTB, the way their heads moved and rattled was really funny.

Yes in my top thirty for favs of all time!
I love how epic, and beautiful... And did i mention the cast???

The greatest anime movie ever.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
This is one I've been meaning to get on DVD, but always have another movie I want more.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by greppin
This movie is so cool it just leaks excellence and class. With Gillian Anderson as the Wolf Queen it rocks. The animation is seemless and so complecated it makes you weep!!

Anyone agree?

I thought it was an excellent movie when watched with subtitles. However, it seemed sort of cheesy when I watched it in English.

The wood sprites (?) were adorable. I want to take one home and keep it as a pet. I'd name it Fred.

Why am I here?
I didn't like Claire Dane's attempt and Princess Mononoke she was a bit ****, but isn't it always the case that with Japanese animations subtitle is always better, it makes more sense, and you get the original voices of how the cast was suppose to sound. The only film i've seen where the english fits the charecters better is the Lupin the Third movies (which kick ass also)

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I loved Princess Mononoke, and I totally disagree about the english dub. I thought it was one of the better dubs for Japanese animation.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Whad'you know?
I was lucky enough to see this baby in the theatre, twice.

The first time I think I was too overwhelmed by the beautiful, fluid animation at first. Also, the dub was surprisingly good. The celebrity voices didn't serve as a distraction as would've imagined, either - nice to see that they took the time to reanimate the mouthes ( well at least it appeared that way).

Why am I here?
I think it's more a case of slowing down and speeding the footage of cutting it. That's why when you watch undubbed the sequences run for slightly longer or shorter it's wierd.

I must agree with the general consensus here, it is a very good movie, and is up there as a classic now in its genre, BUT, theres so much more out there that we (i say we being me and most ppl I talked to, but maybe not you guys) dont get to see that often. There are some brilliantly made Japanimation movies out there that are worthy contenders to this movie.

But this movie brings in a lot of new fans into the genre, its a great gateway movie for people just making their way into all of this