Here is something thats annoyed me for ages...

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Basically this is it, when I was younger I saw a film but the only thing I can remember is there was a bullying aggresive father and his son. The only thing that stands out apart from the father and son is a scene where the son is in a bath and the father came into the bathroom and said "You have sh*t in the bath!" and im sure he started to beat him.

Does anyone have any ideas please it is doing my head in!

So many good movies, so little time.
I don't remember that scene but a great movie, very hard to watch it is so realistic, is The Great Santini (1979) with Robert Duval as the bullying father.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I don't remember that scene but a great movie, very hard to watch it is so realistic, is The Great Santini (1979) with Robert Duval as the bullying father.

The Great Santini was awesome. Robert Duvall's best

Oh, no. I know I've seen this movie. I'm drawing a blank right now. I'll sit on it for a few days and come back.

Although What's Eating Gilbert Grape keeps coming to mind, I know that's not it.

Hello n3wt. The scene you describe sounds exactly like one from the 1996 movie "Shine" starring Geoffrey Rush. That movie was all about the true story of a famous Australian born piano player and how he had a complete breakdown after playing the extremely difficult concerto "The Rack Three" to a British audience. By the way, your username sounds very much like an Amateur Radio callsign.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Hello n3wt. The scene you describe sounds exactly like one from the 1996 movie "Shine" starring Geoffrey Rush. That movie was all about the true story of a famous Australian born piano player and how he had a complete breakdown after playing the extremely difficult concerto "The Rack Three" to a British audience. By the way, your username sounds very much like an Amateur Radio callsign.
Cheers Saturn mate I havent been online for about a week now and this definatly sounds like the movie. I will have to add it to my collection of movies I havent ever thought about my username being from a radio station before nearly everyone who has said anything about my name its been an Aliens refference or the animal

Finally. I can breathe a sigh of relief.