Posting videos?

Tools    

I promise I did a search for this question first, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I know how to post pics through photobucket--are you tube videos posted that same way?

Pretty much. I think MoFo also supports HULU. Destiny is the resident video expert. PM her is you get the chance and you have trouble with it. She make all sorts of games and avatars out of videos.

Click this icon in your post box , and then place the URL from the You-tube video in between the You-tube tags.

Also, if you want it to be wide-screen, add "_ws" after both YOUTUBE words in those tags. .

Some videos don't allow you to embed them, but if you don't noticed that warning at You-tube, and post the video, once you hit play, it will tell you on the video, that the video owner doesn't allow embedding.

If you get a white box, there is something wrong with your address, and it will more than likely be this that I noticed along time ago . . .

Go to the homepage, click on the UK, and then select Worldwide.

There you go!

Switching the UK to a www in the link works, but gets annoying, so I did a search, and found this out. This is a hell of a lot easier than editing links every time you want to post a video.

HULU is a whole new ball of wax. Click this guy right here in your post box . . . , then go to the video that you want to post. Click the embed button, and all this will come up . . .

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/A0vHtAyp-oEyrW_1ANv03Q"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/A0vHtAyp-oEyrW_1ANv03Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Right after the word embed, take that group of letters and numbers, and place them inbetween the HULU tags . . . A0vHtAyp-oEyrW_1ANv03Q

If you are still confused, quote either of my posts, and it will show you how I did them.

Is there a way MoFo can support embedding from sites like IGN and FirstShowing.Net? If we could do that we can then showcase trailers and videos from sites such as those instead of linking them. Those of course are just a couple. In the future, MoFo just should be able to embed vids from every site lol.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

When I go to post a youtube video it only comes up with the URL line and if you want to see the video you must click on it. I somehow cannot get the video to show up right away.

Just wrap the video's URL (not the embed code or link they give you on the page) in YouTube tags, like this (sans asterisks):

[youtube*]
[/youtube*]

If you're sure you've done this correctly, then check the video's page, because the person who uploaded it may have disabled embedding.