Little Nicky wasn't that bad.

→ in
Tools    

B&W
It wasn't that bad. Just wasn't that good. K?

Aaaah, what glowing praise: "It wasn't THAT bad". When even Adam Sandler fans can only muster up the faintest support, what does that tell you?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I've moved this thread.

Little Nicky is simply not as funny as Sandler's other stuff. There were a few moments which I laughed at...sure. Big deal. I'll bet I'd laugh at a line or two in Booty Call. There were maybe 6-8 lines which I found funny, and a few others which were sort of amusing. It was disjointed and odd, though...even for a Sandler movie. Misrepresentative of his other stuff, which tends to be quite hilarious.

B&W
Aaaah, what glowing praise: "It wasn't THAT bad". When even Adam Sandler fans can only muster up the faintest support, what does that tell you?
Little Nicky is simply not as funny as Sandler's other stuff. There were a few moments which I laughed at...sure. Big deal. I'll bet I'd laugh at a line or two in Booty Call. There were maybe 6-8 lines which I found funny, and a few others which were sort of amusing. It was disjointed and odd, though...even for a Sandler movie. Misrepresentative of his other stuff, which tends to be quite hilarious.

Alright, i admit it sucked. I just didn't expect to see it mocked in the title name thingyme at the bottom. Oh well.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
AMEN
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Um, yes it was.

TWT - Booty Call has its moments. Many more than Little Nicky, or for that matter, Billy Madison and (the bottom of the cinematic barrel) Big Daddy. I despise Big Daddy - its only redeeming aspect is "Instant Pleasure", by Rufus Wainwright on the soundtrack.

Bah. Big Daddy is genuinely funny stuff. Commercially successful, too.

"That one touched the ground!"
Booty Call had basically one thing that made me laugh: Vivica A. Fox's name. What was it. Lysteryne, I think? Spelled with "y"s instead of "i"s? Anyway, that was mildly amusing, but all in all it was crap. I definitely laughed more at Little Nicky. It was just too crazy...I HAD to laugh at some of it.

"What has God ever done for me? Has he ever given my enemies the herpes?"

He doesn't have any insurance!
That one had me rolling. So did the scene where Rashon has to fight the dog for the condom. At least Booty Call revels in its bad taste, which is MUCH more than can be said for Big Daddy.

Oh, and being commercially successful isn't praise. It's not a bad thing either, but I don't see how that makes it a better movie, or how it effects your opinions on it. Bah.

I didn't say it made it better or changed my opinion; it merely indicates that there are plenty of others with me. Ditto for my huge thumbs down for Booty Call. I think Jaime Foxx and Tommy Davidson are funny guys, though (ever see the latter make fun of square dancing in a stand-up routine? Hilarious). What a shame.

Rock God
i've decided i'm sick of adam sandler. i used to think his stuff was moderately funny. i guess i still think that, but it's sort of wearing thin.

i saw him and farley in an snl sketch from 95 and next to people that are really funny like mike meyers, sandler really looks like a one-trick pony. his movies are so braindead, too.

if he had something..... ANYTHING going for him besides playing an idiot with that same stupid "funny" voice, he might get better roles.

B&W
i saw him and farley in an snl sketch from 95 and next to people that are really funny like mike meyers, sandler really looks like a one-trick pony. his movies are so braindead, too.
Nar bo!

ok well i am new to this forum and this is my first post and i just want to say you are all fools Little Nicky was one of the best adam sandler movies of all time what is it that you didn't like about it becuase i don't see what everyone hates it so much

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
I think I've learned not to touch Adam Sandler movies with a 50-foot titanium pole.

Man, it's not a good idea to call everyone fools in your first post...

The thing with Little Nicky is, for me, it's just pointless. The jokes in there are there for no reason than to be stupid jokes. The thing with Monty Python jokes is that they can be very, very intelligent or just silly. None of them are ever stupid and pointless. The thing with comedy and what makes it work is that there's always a POINT.

Little Nicky has NO POINT.

ok i am sorry i called people fools but i still stick by my opinion on that little nicky was one of the best adam sandler movies, now all i would like to know what was the point of any of the other adam sandler movies...

Haven't you read the conversation?
Adam Sandler is basically a bad thing full stop.

I quite enjoyed the earlier works, but they're nothing special, are they? They have no point. Little Nicky merely has less of a point. And that's why it's so bad.

The earlier films are a lesser of the evil.

Nooooo. Shut up, Matt. His earlier stuff is hilarious. You tellin' me, boy, you don't laugh when you watch Happy Gilmore? You cray-zay. I don't agree with the sentiment that it has to have much of a point. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back had a very vague plot which was only there to give those two an excuse to run around, basically. Plot isn't necessarily important in a comedy. All that's important is...well...comedy.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
The thing with Little Nicky is, for me, it's just pointless. The jokes in there are there for no reason than to be stupid jokes. The thing with Monty Python jokes is that they can be very, very intelligent or just silly. None of them are ever stupid and pointless. The thing with comedy and what makes it work is that there's always a POINT.

Little Nicky has NO POINT.
What do you mean by having a "point", exactly? (FYI, I am in no way defending Little Nicky. I f--king hate Little Nicky.

Ahh, yes, Little Nicky. LN was my annual birthday movie that I saw when I turned 17. I've only seen it that one time, and I actually enjoyed it. I thought I'd HATE it because I hated "The Waterboy" and was never interested in any other Adam Sandler movie.

Adam Sandler wasn't funny at all in Little Nicky. I laughed at the other actors and whole heaven and hell stuff going on. Oh, yeah, and the weird crossdresser who kept showing up, pinching his nipples and playing with candlewax (am I right? It's been awhile).

Maybe it was just because I was with somebody who finds everything funny, and thus I felt like I was having a good time....