Tony Jaa's Breakdown and Ong Bak 2

Tools    

So Tony Jaa decides to direct Ong Bak 2, but doesn't realise what he's letting himself in for and finds the work strenuous. He's very vocal about it. He then gets himself into an even bigger mess and goes THREE times over the film's budget.

Unable to cope, Jaa runs into hiding and is presumed to be 'meditating' while the production is on hiatus. Weeks later, he goes on national television in which he suffers appears to be incredibly stressed and is even crying uncontrollably. Jaa is on the verge of a nervous breakdown and he says that he literally has no cash at all because he tried financing the rest of the film with his own money. He has since been declared bankrupt. His gas and electricity has been cut off, as well.

So the sequel is in jeopardy but fear not as original director Prachya Pinkaew steps in to finishing off the remaining 20% of the production.

Got to say that I feel really sorry for Jaa. This is a strong reminder as to how difficult a production process in the film industry can be if you haven't planned it carefully. I hope Jaa gets his **** together.

Wow...a martial arts superstar is actually a crybaby.....I'll never look at his films the same way again...or at all...

Got to be honest, as much as it pains me to say, I am a bit disappointed with the way Jaa handled everything. He didn't need to go on national television and cry. It does sort of her the film a little bit seeing it's main star bubbling. I mean, I do feel sorry for him and I absolutely love the way he fights, but he must snap out of this.