Nixon

→ in
Tools    

Could I have some views on this movie I haven't seen it for quite some time. I'm intrested in what you Guys & Gals think about it thanks

I liked some parts of Nixon, but overall for me it's pretty boring. I just hold myself outside of it. It's the same thing with The Insider for me, I'm just not emotionally connected. But God, I love the photography and performances - I mean, WOW! Technically it's stunning, and well-directed, and beautifully acted. ANd the screenplay is pretty f--king good too.

who plays nixon in it?
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I don't care for Nixon at all, or Oliver Stone in general. I didn't particularly like Hopkins' central performance either. It was a brave attempt, but none too successful for me. Joan Allen was the only stand-out acting-wise in my opinion, as Pat Nixon.

If you want to see an engrossing speculative psychological portrait of Dick Nixon, check out Altman's Secret Honor with an amazing performance by Philip Baker Hall.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra