Spike Lee's Miracle at St. Anna

Tools    

Based on the novel by James McBride (who also penned the adaptation), Miracle at St. Anna follows four black American soldiers (and members of the US Army's all-black 92nd "Buffalo Soldier" Division) who, while stationed in Tuscany, Italy during World War II, find themselves trapped behind enemy lines and separated from their unit when one of them risks his life to save an Italian boy.

Starring: Derek Luke, Michael Ealy, Laz Alonso, Omar Benson Miller, Matteo Sciabordi, John Leguizamo and Joseph Gordon-Levitt

The trailer is showing in front of The Incredible Hulk on friday, should be online shortly after. I've been keeping an eye on this for a long time, very interested in how Spike Lee tackles the war genre. From what i understand, the few people who've seen early screenings of this film are praising it

Movie Forums Extra
This seems to be a good movie

You're a Genius all the time
Yep, I think this looks really good. Spike Lee is one talented mutha and I dig the fact that he's branching out into a bunch of different genres. Seriously, how does this guy not have an Oscar? Maybe St Anna will change that? I sure hope so. Saw the trailer in front of Pineapple Express a couple of weeks ago and it's one of my most anticipated flicks right now. Here's that trailer...