Wanted

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Release Date: June 27, 2008
Studio: Universal Pictures

Director: Timur Bekmambetov
Screenwriter: Michael Brandt, Derek Haas, Chris Morgan
Starring: James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Terence Stamp, Thomas Kretschmann, Common, Angelina Jolie
Genre: Fantasy, Thriller
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Wantedmovie.com | MySpace.com/Wantedmovie
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: View here
Plot Summary: Based upon Mark Millar's explosive graphic novel series and helmed by stunning visualist director Timur Bekmambetov--creator of the most successful Russian film franchise in history, the Night Watch series--Wanted tells the tale of one apathetic nobody's transformation into an unparalleled enforcer of justice. In 2008, the world will be introduced to a hero for a new generation: Wesley Gibson.

25-year-old Wes (James McAvoy) was the most disaffected, cube-dwelling drone the planet had ever known. His boss chewed him out hourly, his girlfriend ignored him routinely and his life plodded on interminably. Everyone was certain this disengaged slacker would amount to nothing. There was little else for Wes to do but wile away the days and die in his slow, clock-punching rut.

Until he met a woman named Fox (Angelina Jolie).

After his estranged father is murdered, the deadly sexy Fox recruits Wes into the Fraternity, a secret society that trains Wes to avenge his dad's death by unlocking his dormant powers. As she teaches him how to develop lightning-quick reflexes and phenomenal agility, Wes discovers this team lives by an ancient, unbreakable code: carry out the death orders given by fate itself.

With wickedly brilliant tutors--including the Fraternity's enigmatic leader, Sloan (Morgan Freeman)--Wes grows to enjoy all the strength he ever wanted. But, slowly, he begins to realize there is more to his dangerous associates than meets the eye. And as he wavers between newfound heroism and vengeance, Wes will come to learn what no one could ever teach him: he alone controls his destiny.

Teaser (10.30.07):
QuickTime, High Definition
QuickTime, Hi-Res
QuickTime, Med-Res
QuickTime, Lo-Res
iPod Video

Trailer (3.5.08):
QuickTime, High Definition
QuickTime, Hi-Res
QuickTime, Med-Res
QuickTime, Lo-Res
iPod Video

Super Bowl Spot (2.2.08):
QuickTime/Flash Player, Various

Even a new poster:

I liked Nightwatch and Daywatch (same director) and it looks good

My girlfriend's crazy excited about this for some reason. I guess it's the actors involved; she loves Jolie, and we both love Morgan Freeman and James McAvoy. Anyway, for that reason alone, I'm sure I'll be seeing it.

Women Love Angelina, and not just in a sex type way. Whatever she's got it's working...

I've already seen a trailer for this and it looks just like the kind of goofy action flick that I enjoy and I may even go see this in Zee movie house...

Yeah, I dunno, women go crazy for her, and you're right, it's not usually sexual, either.

I could simply be because she's just that beautiful, I think. At a certain point, whatever competitive instincts you have are just dwarfed. IE: it might get under your skin if someone in your neighborhood beats you in basketball, but if it's Michael Jordan, you're just content to sit back and watch. It's like Jolie's so pretty that they don't even think of themselves as having to compete, so it doesn't bother them. That, and she's reasonably talented anyway.

But, anyway, back to the movie: looks gimmicky and goofy, but fun enough to see. Dunno if I'm all that pysched about it, but my lady friend won't exactly have to drag me to it, either.

I think it might actually be pretty decent. I really liked Nightwatch and Daywatch he's an interesting director. (I says) Cool name too, if he becomes more mainstream his name may make a fine addition to the MoFo glossary. Not quite as fun as Arnie's last name but close.

I still like the international trailer much better!!!
I actually don't I feel that trailer used too much of that "bullet effect"

I actually don't I feel that trailer used too much of that "bullet effect"
I actually wasn't referring to the "bullet effect" when I referred to the trailer being better. The international trailer is better all in all.

I actually wasn't referring to the "bullet effect" when I referred to the trailer being better. The international trailer is better all in all.
Even if you belive that, tell me the end of the USA trailer wasn't kick@$$!

You mean the bullet? Pfft.
No, how James McAvoy couldn't shoot the guy through the window, so Angelina Jolie flips the car and James shoots through the sun roof, it blew me away!

I've already seen a trailer for this and it looks just like the kind of goofy action flick that I enjoy and I may even go see this

Mark Millar, the man behind Wanted has another comic to movie adaption:

Originally Posted by comicmix
Matthew Vaughn to Direct 'Kick-Ass' Movie
So much ass to be kicked, so little time

Mark Millar's Kick Ass has just released its fourth issue and it's already headed to the big screen courtesy of Matthew Vaughn, the director of Layer Cake and Stardust.

Vaughn, who was attached to X-Men: The Last Stand before Brett Ratner took over and who is currently attached to the film adaptation of Thor, will be writing and directing the adaptation of Millar's latest. Joining him on writing duties will be Jane Goldman, his partner on the Stardust script.

Kick Ass is the story of 15-year old Dave Lizewski, a dweeby kid who decides to take on the mantle of a superhero despite having absolutely no powers or combat training. Predictably, he gets the crap knocked out of him regularly. The series features art by John Romita Jr. and is published by Marvel's ICON imprint.
Wanted hasn't even come out yet, but if you like the direction Wanted is going than Kick Ass, which I hear should be released in 2009 is another movie you should keep an eye out for.

I saw the trailer & it looks really good, can't wait to see this one.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Kick-Ass is so great though. Mark Millar is a flipping genius.

mark Millar > Brian Michael Bendis