Waking Life

→ in
Tools    

I've seen this movie twice already, and I plan on seeing it at least 2 more times. It's officially one of my all time favorites - I've never seen a movie like Waking Life before. It's so thoughtful, so full of energy, so in love with everything it addresses (and believe me, it's a lot) that whenever I think about it I feel warm. It's the kind of movie where you leave wanting to make a difference in the world. Has anybody seen it yet?

Yes, it's a very engrossing and vibrant exercise. I really haven't liked much of Linklater's work, but this is a singular and very interesting ride, visually, thematically and in the denseness of its constantly flowing ideas.

Even if you didn't comprehend one single word of it, it's just so damn fascinating to look at. And that patchwork of philosophies strung together in one odyssey is impressive as well.

The word "unique" gets tossed around a lot without much thought of what it means anymore, but it really applies to Waking Life.

I've only seen it once so far, but I'll go back before it leaves the cinema.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I wondered if this movie would be worth watching, but alas, no place close to me has it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg