Maternity Award

Tools    

I'm often surprised by the movies my mother recommends to me. I guess, like me, her taste in cinema gives me insight as to what kind of person she is; what moves her, anger's her or (eek) turns her on?

Her favorite movies are one's with powerful women leads: "Aliens", "Mask" and "Erin Brokovich". No surprise there she was a single mom.

However, I don't think she'd sit through "Lord of the Rings", or "Spiderman". I'm not sure if it's a generation gap or not because she liked "Titanic" and "Terminator 2", both top box office winners of their time.

What's your mother's favorite movie, and do you agree with her choice?

Also, do you usually follow her advice when she recommends one to you?

Does she like your taste in films?

How about your father?

My mother and I are both horror freaks. I've seen lots with her, starting from around Psycho 2.

She likes Brad Pitt, though, and likes anything he does. I don't hate him but that Tibet thing stank... she still raves about it.

Anyways, I'd trust her. My dad is offbeat. He like films like "Blood Simple" , "Fargo", "A Simple Plan" etc. He's shown me some really cool and strange things on film... gotta love that.

Seraph of the Void
My Mother likes thrillers, older horror films, comedies and tearjerkers.

She also likes Aldomovar movies.

e.g. are
Untamed Heart
Dune
Forbidden Planet
Romeo & Juliet
Pay it Forward
Prelude to a kiss

these are just a few. a very few.

If she recommends a movie I watch it.
"When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"