The butterfly effect, a different ending?

Tools    

I watched this film for the first time last night.
I thought it was awesome....... There was lots to pick at, but I was more than happy to ignore them all and enjoy..... Until the last 2 minutes, what a crock of S**T.
Now I discover the dvd I saw was the directors cut and the original cinema version was different?
I read he goes back to a party and tells kayley he never wants to see her again?
Did he black out at a party??
Please could someone give me a detailed description of the cinema version, as the directors cut ruined what could would and should have been a great film.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Just tryin to catch up and throw in my two cents where I feel I should.

I watched this for the first time underway. Pretty much like watching it at a theatre. Never got to see the complete movie, so when it came out on DVD, I bought it.

I watched the original version first, just to understand the simple things of the movie.

After watching the original version and understanding it somewhat, it was alright, surely not Academy Award material, but decent.

Onto the Director's Cut of the movie. Moved the setting into a much darker world. Making it seem as if he was the spawn of satan. The alternate ending was added in with grace, it wasn't a "let's change it up and see what the audience thinks" kinda transition. The entire movie had added footage building up to this somewhat dramatic ending.

For those who watched the Director's Cut before watching the original version, try the Original out, you might find it more appealing.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg