Movie Forum awards suggestion...

Tools    

Originally Posted by Yoda
This has actually been proposed by many members over the years. And I've told them the same thing I'm about to tell you: it's a good idea, I'd like to do something similar to it, but it'd be a little difficult, logistically, and it'd probably hurt a few feelings.

It'd probably only work if the categories were highly specific. Things like "Best Poster" would end up including votes for people who are the most informative, easiest to get along with, most active, etc. Better to make each of those factors their own category.

So, if there's a strong consensus in favor of this, and we avoid overly broad categories, I suppose we could give it a shot. We'd definitely need standards, though (IE: a set number of days during which each poll will be open), and I'd suggest that the "Make votes public" option NOT be checked, to at least cut down on any mild animosity that might result.
Good idea for standards, their all always people who abuse a system like this. Being very specific is really good idea...

I still think it would be a good idea, provided that no-one complains to much about the result. For the first try, we will only make the awards positive, or not sugestive (ei: most anoying poster, worst poster). This would help to get this awrd system off the fround...

This site has just the right amount of users for the awards. Not to much so that it's hard to choose the candidates, and not to little that it's not worth it.

It's all up to Yoda, and the forums...

Another important idea...

We should only put positive awards for the first try:

-best poster
-Best newbie
-Most renound user
-User with the best sig (text or picture wise)
-Fastest Poster (posts per day)
-Funniest poster (jokes, funnies)

As more awards happen throughout the year, other awards can be added for amusment or knowledge:

-Most anoying poster
-Most abbsent user
-User with the worst text sig
-The most unapreciated user

Be aware, these awards should not be taken to seriously or litereally...

Originally Posted by starrdarcy
...be aware, these awards should not be taken to seriously or litereally...

What's the fun in it then?

Originally Posted by Diablo

What's the fun in it then?
Yoda mentioned that it wouldnt be good if the awards hurt people feelings...

ok, then we need to start off with a few categories, lets say, 12 or so, once this shindig is off the ground, you should widen the field

12 would be nice,if yoda or not of the mods aren't going to do it, i suggest several other users try to organize it.

yoda???

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by starrdarcy
12 would be nice,if yoda or not of the mods aren't going to do it, i suggest several other users try to organize it.

yoda???
Maybe they are discussing it right now.

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Maybe they are discussing it right now.

That'smee in the center, but i can't see the other's talking. I think i'll just wait. Good idea.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
It seems like there's interest, so maybe your first step could be asking for suggestions about categories? Maybe give a deadline for suggestions, like a day or two from whenever you open the floor. After choosing categories, you might want to take nominations for each category, and then post 5 or so nominees in each... and then I'd suggest private ballot (PMs to you) and announcing two winners in each category, so no one feels completely singled out. That's my two cents' worth.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
That's my two cents' worth.

Add mine in the pot.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
It seems like there's interest, so maybe your first step could be asking for suggestions about categories? Maybe give a deadline for suggestions, like a day or two from whenever you open the floor. After choosing categories, you might want to take nominations for each category, and then post 5 or so nominees in each... and then I'd suggest private ballot (PMs to you) and announcing two winners in each category, so no one feels completely singled out. That's my two cents' worth.
This seems good.

I'll set up another thread asking for awards suggestions and yes a deadline so i could choose. I need someone to help me... i'll search today for another user or mod who wants help out. over the next week, we'll search for the candidates who fit the awards. It won't be easy because there's alot of good people out there, but it is possible. Right on it...

I ate all your bees.
As long as I win coolest Australian I'll be happy

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
As long as I win coolest Australian I'll be happy
How can that be, as I am the coolest

true, Nebbit is from australia, and with almost 7000 posts, and tons of rep, and a lot of good advice, plus that avatar that is cruel to anyone with ADD, or ADHD, she's got my vote

Originally Posted by Michael_myers
true, Nebbit is from australia, and with almost 7000 posts, and tons of rep, and a lot of good advice, plus that avatar that is cruel to anyone with ADD, or ADHD, she's got my vote
that's one vote

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I nominate myself Best Awesome.

On friday i will create the candidates and awards suggestions thread, that's so i can see what people like, and i will be searching for possible candidates...

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by stardarcy
On friday i will create the candidates and awards suggestions thread, that's so i can see what people like, and i will be searching for possible candidates...
Excellant Idea. Maybe you should aslo put categories too or would that be to much. I guess. Only a suggestion.

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
Thats enough to shed A few tears... Its so beautiful..

Originally Posted by Nebbit
that's one vote
Better make that two. Nebb you are the first and my favorite Mofo, I have ever met. Thanks for being a friend to A0Z and I.

It's Friday today, guess i'll let the gets open on this forum...

i nominate myself for 'Most likely to become a bitter old film nut with a dog named chewie and a small run-down apartment, furnished with milk crates and pages from the most recent issue of 'Vibe'. Oh, and I'll drive an old Yugo.