What are your Top 5 most overrated movies?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Me and my bro were having this discussion based on what people think are great classic movies, but I just can't seem to figure out why . And I thought I would ask what you thought your top 5 are. For me :

5. Gladiator (2000)
4. The Deer Hunter (1979)
3. A Clockwork Orange (1971)
2. Brazil (1985)
1. The Usual Suspects (1995)

What do you think?

Me and my bro were having this discussion based on what people think, and I thought I would ask what you thought your top 5 are. For me :

5. Gladiator (2000)
2. Brazil (1985)

What do you think?
the most overrated in those is deer hunter the others are classics

The reason I put The Deer Hunter at #4, and not #1, is that The Deer Hunter, even though it has it's problems still managed to have some emotional moments for me and I still managed to care about the characters a little more compared to my top 3 most overrated.

The reason I put The Deer Hunter at #4, and not #1, is that The Deer Hunter, even though it has it's problems still managed to have some emotional moments for me and I still managed to care about the characters a little more compared to my top 3 most overrated.
my opinion won t change, the least movie i had fun watching btw all of those

Oh no for sure, I don't want your opinion your change.

Me and my bro were having this discussion based on what people think are great classic movies, but I just can't seem to figure out why . And I thought I would ask what you thought your top 5 are. For me :

5. Gladiator (2000)
2. Brazil (1985)

What do you think?
I'm not sure how should I make the list. Your "axiom" is just not comprehensible for me.So you actually like The Usual Suspects the most or the least? And is The Usual Suspect the most overrated movie or is it not a measurable criteria? Sorry

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
The Dark Knight
The Lord of the Rings
The Dark Knight Rises
The Wolf of Wall Street
Hacksaw Ridge
The Dart Knight and Rises are a disaster. The Wolf of the Wall Street - waste of time.
I'm quite sure The Lord of The Rings is here for mistake

The Dart Knight and Rises are a disaster. The Wolf of the Wall Street - waste of time.
I'm quite sure The Lord of The Rings is here for mistake
guys please if u wanna post just for the sake of it please keep ur comments within logical limits because saying that dark knight is very bad u should get the boat, end of story

The Dark Knight
The Lord of the Rings
The Dark Knight Rises
The Wolf of Wall Street
Hacksaw Ridge
i agree on wolf of wall street and hacksaw ridge but not the others

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
guys please if u wanna post just for the sake of it please keep ur comments within logical limits because saying that dark knight is very bad u should get the boat, end of story
Bad. Bad. Bad. It's just I've seen Tim Burton's Batman. Beyond comparision.The Dark Knight is bad.

Eh?

Is this the end of free speech?

The Dark Knight is rated in the top 10 of the most well known movie internet site on the planet. That is laughable. I enjoyed it. But it's the most overrated film of all time. Nolan fanboys are to blame no doubt.

So all who don't share your taste are illogical, and in apparent need of boats?

END of story? Why, sounds like the beginning of one to me.

Citizen Kane
Unforgiven
The Big Lebowski
Gran Torino
Unforgiven I agree to an extent. I thought it was good, and warrants repeat viewings, but still felt kind of amateur with its execution. Kind of flimsy with great performances.

Big Lebowski seemed a hipster fest. I liekd it but would not vote it amongst the best of the Coen films. Meanwhile The lAdykillers gets slogged off like a complete failure which it is not.

Gran Torino I was never convinced at Clints transitional speed. He seemed to be too nice too quick with not enough in between time to show the actual changing of his mind. A key scene would be when he is enjoying the asian food. Too quick for that type of reaction. It's like the editors think ppl are dumb or soemthing.

I'm not sure how should I make the list. Your "axiom" is just not comprehensible for me.So you actually like The Usual Suspects the most or the least? And is The Usual Suspect the most overrated movie or is it not a measurable criteria? Sorry
Sorry for not explaining more. I mean that The Usual Suspects is the most overrated movie ever for me.

So all who don't share your taste are illogical, and in apparent need of boats?

END of story? Why, sounds like the beginning of one to me.
well everyone is free to his opinion, but ur opinion is way past the logical limit by saying dark knight is a bad and overrated film...i can t even understand that you or anyone can say fhat