What's Your Favorite Car Chase....

Tools    

The Rock

OK there are only two outragous and totally original car chases in my book. #1. the entire movie of Death Race 2000!!!!!!!
#2 (i get my dirty harry movies confused but I think I am thinking of) The dead pool when clint eastwood is being chased by a remot control car. That was bizzare.

I just thought of two more lol #3 cannonball run #4 all the smokey and the bandit movies

Yeah, that was the Dead Pool. Pretty weird car chase scene, but cool nonetheless.

BANNED
2 Great ar chases

Bourne Identity
The Rock (sum1 mentioned it)

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
There are so many awsome car chases I love them. My favorites must be

Ronin
Bad boys 2
Death Proof
Mad Max 2
Bullitt
Gone in 60 seconds
Terminator
Terminator 2
Lethal weapon 2
The Bourne Identity

It has to be in the Bourne identity when the car goes flying down a staircase!!

Mine has to be the classic "Bullitt" chase. Still packs a tremendous punch!
Mine too.

You Talkin' To Me?
I'm gonna have to go with The Blues Brothers.

Blue Brothers and I actually really like the one from Grindhouse: Death Proof.

My Top 5 Car Chases:

1. Ronin
2. The Italian Job (1969)
3. Le Professionnel (1981)
4. Bulitt
5. Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)

twofifty.org

I really dislike car chases. They generally look alike; the cars and people do not behave in a realistic manner (have you ever seen a real car leave the ground or explode in a wreck?), and it's usually a sure sign that the script-writer has run out of good ideas.

Bullit, Blues brothers, and Death Proof (charger and challenger scene), I also liked the scenes with White Lightening and Quick Silver, simply because I had a 71 Ford LTD.

Bullitt
Endor Forest chase from Return of the Jedi (not exactly cars but still a great chase)

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
1. Bullitt (1968)

2. Ronin (1998)

3. The Transporter (2002)

4. The Bourne Identity (2002)

5. The French Connection (1971)

6. The Seven-Ups (1973)

7. The Italian Job (1969)

8. Vanishing Point (1971)

I put Bullitt at the top simply because it set the gold standard by which all car chases that came later are judged. Many have added new touches and may be more exciting, but Bullitt is the modern icon.

(By the way, most car chases still seem to follow Ebert's movie cliche of one of the cars hitting a fruit cart, fruit stand, news stand or something like that. In The French Connection it was a grocery cart.)

I'm gonna so with the car chase in "Short time", the Dabney Coleman comedy in which he's a cop who thinks he's dying and so is trying to get killed in the line of duty so his family can get his full pension.

That and "Ronin." That scene pwns.

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
The Bourne Identity/Ultimatum
T2/T3
Wanted (the best in my list IMO)
Death Proof (a close second)

I know there are a bunch more, but I seem to be having trouble coming up with them at the moment.

The Bourne Ultimatum 's car chase at the end is very intense and spectacular. I was quite unnerved rather than thrilled by it which I imagine was Mr Greengrass's intention.

But I also have to give credit to the chase sequence in The Dark Knight. I loved the lack of music for the first half of it and then the music cue coming on once The Batpod came into play. Mark out moment for me. I only rate the IMAX version though. It's simply breathtaking on IMAX but just above average on the normal format.