My 450 Favorite Films Ever-A List I'll probably Never Finish

Tools    

Unregistered User
You're making it near impossible not to rep with each post Lucas. The only one i didn't was 419-417 because Ive not watched them.

Brilliant list.

Finished here. It's been fun.
401 The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

A sad, thought-provoking tale of a man who comes into society after living his entire life in confinement.

400 The Road

One of my favorite post-apocalyptic films. Bold and uncompromising in it's vision, especially for a big budget hollywood film.

399 Elephant

Not a fan of Gus Van Sant, but this is certainly a very good film. Love how the film slowly builds up tension, alongside the powerful ending. Them long-takes help too.

Kaspar Hauser is my least favorite of the Herzog films I've seen, but that speaks more to the quality of the other ones. I did like it.

I liked Elepant too.

398 The Game

A dark and ominous thriller that's thoroughly entertaining for 4/5th's of it's runtime. The ending really drags the film down however.

397 Perfume:The Story of a Murderer

One of the most aesthetically pleasing period pieces of the 21st century. Haven't seen it since it's release but I recall being very impressed with it.

396 All the President's Men

One of those really good political thrillers of the 70's.

Memento>Rear Window. Only a Nolan-ite would say so.

A lot I love so far Lucas. I like seeing Elephant on a list. Good movie.

As good as, and even as great as (The Conformist) some of these films are, I'm met with equal parts joy and disappointment at how low each of the previous great films now seem to be placed

395 Russian Ark

Still hard to believe that this was all done in one seamless take. A tremendous achievement.

394 Dagon

It makes me so damn sad that the world is so lacking in Lovecraftian-style films. Dagon isn't a masterpiece but it's a criminally underrated and underseen gem of horror. Eerie and creepy in equal measure, I have no qualms about having this one on my list.

393 Blue Ruin

A wonderfully done revenge film.

Always wanted to see Russian Ark. Seems like a movie I'd love.

Some pretty interesting choices so far Lucas, All the President's Men is one of my favorites so far. Blue Ruin was pretty decent. I too should check out that one take movie.

I like to see some love for the movie ''Elephant'' who's inspire by a true event (Columbine Shooting) and the movie is really good and disturbing in my opinion.

I love The Road too! very good post-apocalyptic movie.

Memento>Rear Window. Only a Nolan-ite would say so.

A lot I love so far Lucas. I like seeing Elephant on a list. Good movie.

I might be a Nolan-ite then

392 The Royal Tenenbaums

Heartfelt and sincere family drama with a great performance from Gene Hackman. One of my favorite Wes Anderson films.

391 Elegy of a Voyage

A brooding and meditative journey through time.

390 The Raid:Redemption

One of the best action films out there.

I actually hated Tenenbaums the first time I watched it, but on a rewatch I came to like it. Still not quite one of my favourite Wes Anderson films, I do like it a lot though.