Movies everyone else loved but you hated

Tools    

I have to sayTHE RING I don't think it was anything but hype and speculation that it was remotely even worth the film it was made on.

Finding Nemo - I wouldn't mind if we lost him.

Someone mentioned Donnie Darko. I have not seen all of Donnie Darko, in fact I've seen nothing of the beginning, but what I have seen I did not like, so I don't think I care for this film either. I can tell if I like a movie or not just from seeing the last act. I'm that good, folks.

I'm not interested in The Lord of the Rings movies either. I started watching the first one - I turned it off. To be continued.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I actually didn't like The Two Towers that much at all, but I have heard several others that agree. But around here at least, I think I am in minority.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by CrazyforMovies
I have to sayTHE RING I don't think it was anything but hype and speculation that it was remotely even worth the film it was made on.

HORRAY!!!! Finally somebody that agrees with me! You are a great person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm just happy somebody agrees with me on this subject)
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Someone mentioned Donnie Darko.I have not seen all of Donnie Darko, in fact I've seen nothing of the beginning, but what I have seen I did not like, so I don't think I care for this film either. I can tell if I like a movie or not just from seeing the last act. I'm that good, folks.

I'm not interested in The Lord of the Rings movies either. I started watching the first one - I turned it off. To be continued.
I agree with you on the Donnie Darko matter. I don't like this film one bit. As for you not liking LOTR, I've read the books too many times not to love the movies, so on this subject, I disagree.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I actually didn't like The Two Towers that much at all, but I have heard several others that agree. But around here at least, I think I am in minority.
Dang strait, but I shall say no more, in fear of banishment.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I don't hate all of the following films, but the hype they receive didn't live up to my liking:

Bullit
The Great Escape
The Wild Bunch
Sunset Boulevard
The Maltese Falcon
The Third Man
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Some already mentioned:

A Beautiful Mind
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

One that movie buffs seem to love, but I didn't:

Brazil
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Originally Posted by Mark
Bullit
Yes, I found that film to be horrible as well.

Sunset Boulevard though?!!! For that, you will get forty lashes less one.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by Travis_Bickle
Sunset Boulevard though?!!! For that, you will get forty lashes less one.
See my"Quick Reviews #5" for my brief comments on this film.

Movies that I hate are LOTR and Star Wars which others seem to enjoy. Sorry to say this but they both bore me.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Fargo - It was really boring and I didn't find it funny.

Bringing Out the Dead - Sleep Time. It was awful.

The Royal Tenenbaums - Apart from Gene this was rubbish.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by MinionTV
Fargo - It was really boring and I didn't find it funny.

Bringing Out the Dead - Sleep Time. It was awful.

The Royal Tenenbaums - Apart from Gene this was rubbish.
Fargo and The Royal Tenenbaums are both excellent movies, IMO, but I have trouble getting through Bringing Out the Dead.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Fargo and The Royal Tenenbaums are both excellent movies, IMO, but I have trouble getting through Bringing Out the Dead.
I agree %100 with Piddzilla.

I hated Bringing Out the Dead

drop pants, not bombs
interesting that no one has named Kill Bill vol. 1, which i disliked big time. i though it was just tarantinos fantasy put on screen and that it didnt have solid structure, meaning, story, idea, purpose.
i have seen some reviews that have gave the film 2/5 or something like that but i havent seen anything else.

also LOTR 3 wasnt as good as i had expetect. the first two were amazing but the third was a real disappointment.
and itīs bigger than life

Originally Posted by zelig
interesting that no one has named Kill Bill vol. 1, which i disliked big time. i though it was just tarantinos fantasy put on screen and that it didnt have solid structure, meaning, story, idea, purpose.
i have seen some reviews that have gave the film 2/5 or something like that but i havent seen anything else.

also LOTR 3 wasnt as good as i had expetect. the first two were amazing but the third was a real disappointment.

I respect your opinion but when I read the review for Kill Bill in my newspaper it got 5/5 stars, and the person who reviewed it said it was awesome. Also, I thought ROTK was better than TTT and just as good as FOTR.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Hey, I thought this was his funniest movie! Just curious, which is your favorite Jim Carey movie? If you even like JC that is. (sound like he's a rapper)
Liar Liar

Originally Posted by archvile
Liar Liar
are you saying Liar Liar is his funniest movie, or are you saying that it's you didn't like it?

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I will tell you a move I didn't like that a lot of others did:

MULHOLLAND DR. It bothers me that serveral of my friends think that the movie was deep and insightful. I think it had a good idea going and fell apart at the end ... I gave it a second viewing, hell I gave it a 3rd and 4th, the ending still made no sense.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
are you saying Liar Liar is his funniest movie, or are you saying that it's you didn't like it?
in my opinion i thought that was jim carry's best film