MovieMeditation’s Diary Reviews // “Come and meditate with me!”

→ in
Tools    

Good review MM. I'm going to stop teasing you because I feel like you're mad at me.

Good review MM. I'm going to stop teasing you because I feel like you're mad at me.
Haha, I'm not dude, I'm just busy and may come across as if I ignore you and reply in short and direct sentences because I hate you. That's not the case. At least not this time!

Thanks, Swan, for checking in and you read another one of my reviews! Wuhuu all hail the big swan!

- and thanks to samoan lawyer as well, I always appreciate a comment.

Django isn't one of my favorite Tarantino films, but it's good and I'm glad you liked it. I liked the over the top way that people got blown away, and the parody of the KKK.

Welcome to the human race...
DJANGO
U N C H A I N E D
The overall experience was just off the chain
‘Django Unchained’ is off the chain

Also, this is probably Tarantino's second-worst film (but it's a huge drop-off between this and Death Proof).

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I think Django, along with the latest Hateful 8 and, obviously, Reservoir Dogs that I did not make it to the theater for. And Django definitely looked like it would have been an apt option to see on a large screen with many of its panoramic scapes.

As per usual, another VERY well written review!!!

DJANGO
U N C H A I N E D
The overall experience was just off the chain
‘Django Unchained’ is off the chain.
You got me. But I double-dare you though to find repeated wordplay in my Hateful Eight review.

And about the film, well, it's his fourth highest received film on Rotten Tomatoes and his second highest scored on IMDb. Many people enjoy it, though it is indeed more commercial than his other films. I still think it's great and one time it was my favorite film from him.

Since when do Rotten Tomatoes or IMDb scores matter?
Letterboxd too. Well, you should never trust it 100% but it's still a compilation of critics and audiences, which is not precise but a good general idea of things.

Don't get too art-housey on me now, Swan.

How is that art-housey? I've said it many times before. No opinion matters but your own.

Master of My Domain
Letterboxd too. Well, you should never trust it 100% but it's still a compilation of critics and audiences, which is not precise but a good general idea of things.
Don't trust Letterboxd. The place is full of people who give perfect scores to crap films.

Btw, Django isn't a 4.5/5 film but good review anyways.

Welcome to the human race...
You got me. But I double-dare you though to find repeated wordplay in my Hateful Eight review.
My problem wasn't so much with the fact that you repeated it so much as the fact that you watched a movie with the word "unchained" in the title and saw fit to describe it as "off the chain" once, let alone twice - and neither time was it framed as some sort of glib final remark.

And about the film, well, it's his fourth highest received film on Rotten Tomatoes and his second highest scored on IMDb. Many people enjoy it, though it is indeed more commercial than his other films. I still think it's great and one time it was my favorite film from him.
I didn't automatically say it was bad, just that it is his second-worst. It does have its positive qualities, but when compared against everything else he's done (aside from Death Proof), it can't help but come up short.

My problem wasn't so much with the fact that you repeated it so much as the fact that you watched a movie with the word "unchained" in the title and saw fit to describe it as "off the chain" once, let alone twice - and neither time was it framed as some sort of glib final remark.
Meh, whatever...

My diary thread is pure fun and free form, sometimes it's just fun to throw out something stupid, other times I like it more clever and once in a while I like it when it's outrageous. it's just some words, don't know how you can turn from spongebob to being overly serious about something as pointless and nitpicky as that.

Anyways, thanks for the rep and comments y'all, I appreciate it. Been a while since I updated this bad boy!