Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Let's all take a minute to view Honeykid's favourite movies..
Honeykid's given me good recommendations before, and he does have a few good films on his favorites. People scoff at mine as well, but oh well.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Bernie 4/5
Has a very Fargo like feel to it, only set in Texas. Jack Black gives his best performance of his career, and outrageously funny. You think the film is satiring the judicial system, but really (since based on a true story), the judicial system is really satiring itself.

Isn't Richard Linklater one of the most interesting filmmakers today? Waking Life, Before Sunset, School of Rock. Such a strange and creative mix of films.

Saw "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" for the second time tonight, it was on TV and I really liked it when I saw it for the first time last summer, so I decided to see it again. But after tonight I can say that I love it. I just loved everything about the movie, Steve Martin and John Candy are both superb, the film is quite funny but also very sentimental. I should've watched it in the holiday season, next year I definitely will.

It gets a 9/10 from me. Simply wonderful film.

Brave:

That's the weakest Pixar movie I ever watched, very much a recycle of the standard Disney plot devices: I could anticipate perfectly everything that would happen in the movie. Though, visually, it is the most beautiful computer animation I ever watched and most of the score is derived from these aspects. Differently from other Pixar movies such as Wall-E and Up, this one is good only for children.

Just watched Badlands, i'll give it 6/10, i preferred it to the only other malick film i've seen (Thin Red line). I hope to give it another viewing sometime.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I've just seen Django Unchained and felt that it was a BIG let down. Far more style than substance, it's not a bad movie but doesn't hit the heights of Tarantino's classics.

'rec 3' 5/10

spoiler warning!!!

very average, could've done so much more considering the demonic spirits found a way of escape in 'rec 2', zombies simply not the same, not speed rage demons anylonger, more far pre-28 days, only saving element was the power of love theme, but simply not enough, not at all.

There's a theory that Brave works best if you're a mother with daughters.
We really don't need your so called theories, please we don't care

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Ridley Scott's first feature, the gorgeous The Duellists. I saw it at the theatre in the '70s and a few times since but it's been awhile. Just as beautifully lit and composed as Barry Lyndon with arguably a more compelling story

Also watched Ridley's first short, Boy and Bicycle from 1965, starring his brother Tony.

Story about my mother: The Castrating Zionist
Try to see the version with the Alloy Orchestra score. SOOOOOO cool
This is the only place on the internet where I belong. Really need to watch that again, I loved it the first time. Dziga Vertov is one of my major inspirations. Next to Godard and Mankiewicz. I hope I can put a fraction of what they reveal into my "filmic vision".