Am I being too hard on The Rookie (1990)?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I watched it and started to like it as a cop buddy comedy but the part of the movie that really bothers me is the scene where:

SPOILER

Clint Eastwood's, Nick, character is taken hostage, and raped by the female member of the gang of villains. Nick seemed threatened and bothered by it when it happened, but then after he escapes he just seems to put it in the back of his mind cause he is more concerned about getting the villains and avenging his partner's death.

However, the movie never refers back to this and the rape just seemed in poor taste, especially since the movie is a cop buddy comedy, and there didn't seem to be any place for a main character to go through such an ordeal, without dealing with it in anyway.

But what do you think, am I perhaps being too hard on it, or thinking about it too much, or do I have a legitimate point to be bothered by it?

The truth is in here
I found it a disturbing scene, and I agree it's very weird it was forgotten about very quickly afterwards, except for a brief joke comment. It doesn't ruin the movie for me, but I thought it could have been handled much better. In general though I find The Rookie pretty funny, with some nice chemistry between the two leads. It's one of Eastwood's most underrated works.

I found it a disturbing scene, and I agree it's very weird it was forgotten about very quickly afterwards, except for a brief joke comment. It doesn't ruin the movie for me, but I thought it could have been handled much better. In general though I find The Rookie pretty funny, with some nice chemistry between the two leads. It's one of Eastwood's most underrated works.
nice buddy cop film, that is underlooked