4 - Solaris (rate it
)
5 - Nostalghia (rate it
)
6 - The Sacrifice (rate it
)
7 - Ivan's Childhood (rate it
)

He is pretty much the most "impressive" director I have ever watched, though also one of the least entertaining: Andrei Rublev was the toughest movie I have ever watched.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
...popcorn and Tarkovsky don't really go well together...
...anyway, every film made by Tarkovsky is something special - they have their own spirits, or souls

Wow is all I can say. I wish discs weren't coded. Makes no sense.
Multi region player. Multi region player. Or are they harder to get in America?

If you go online with the make and model of your machine, you should be able to find a hack somewhere. It's not always possible and, these days, they sometimes want a fee, but, with a few exceptions, there should be one somewhere.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
My daughter got a Sony from Amazon for $40 which has played regions 1, 2 and 4 so far with no problems.

I've found that cheap dvd players often are set region free. Not always, of course, but I've got a couple and my dvd?video combo is also region free. It wasn't advertised that way or set as a feature, they just didn't bother coding it.

I feel the need of raising my hand, also (at the initial intention of this thread: calling Tarkovski fans).

I would say that Stalker is my favorite up to this moment, but I think I didn't give Zerkalo the proper attention it deserves (I have only seen it once).

All his films are on youtube, legally and on high quality, here are five of his films:

Stalker:

Part 1
&wide=1

Part 2
&wide=1

Zerkalo:

&wide=1&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fmovie%3Fv%3DgCTMM1iZ5Lw%26feature%3Dmv_sr

Solaris:

Part 1
&wide=1

Part 2
&wide=1

Andrei Rublev:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...mP4%26wide%3D1

Part 2

Ivan's Childhood:

&wide=1

i watched all 7 of his films over the best month, and i loved them. stalker is now in my top 10 favorite films of all time, and andrei rublev is the only one i genuinely disliked. bored the living crap out of me.

rankings:
stalker
solaris
the sacrifice
the mirror
ivan's childhood
nostalghia

andrei rublev