Spider-Man

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Only 5 months away from one of the most anticpated movies being released into theaters. Well, maybe it's only anticipated by a few, but MAN, this movie is gonna be pullin in some dough even though it has some tough competition. Star Wars, Episode 2; Matrix: Reloaded. Not to mention a few others being released before and after.

The trailer is supposedly hitting the web(no pun intended) this week, and I can't wait. So who's on board for this movie???

Tobey Maguire - Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Kirsten Dunst - Mary Jane Watson
William Dafoe - Norman Osborn/Green Goblin
James Franco - Harry Osborn

There are others, but these are the more notable characters.

What are your thoughts?? Also, check this out:

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'll see it...but Toby Mcguire??

I remember having the same reaction to Keaton as the Bat. Boy was I surprised. No better choice than DaFoe as "the foe" though..kinda rolls off the tongue...

Guy
Dafoe -- best choice ever

Just saw the new trailer for Spider-Man...I can't say anything for this...I'm speechless. I had to record it because it just doesn't look that good on a tiny screen such as my computer monitor. I'll probably watch it a couple more times tonight, but must say this. The effects used on Spidey in suit are at times to cheesy to really pass as the real thing, other than that, Goblin looks great, and Maguire has the look down. I will say this though, Tobey's "Parker" voice sounds too nasal sometimes.

Those wanting to see the Spider-Man trailer and/or teasers can click the link here.

I've now watched the trailer a total of 4 times. If you wanted to see it last night, you had to sit through a mindboggling hour of slutty Temptation Island(who watches this crap). Finally paid off at around 8:40pm(my time), when the trailer came on. It's great. Especially Aunt May's line to Peter at the end of the trailer. She says, "Peter, you've been working too hard, you're not Superman you know". Just then, Peter quickly averts his eyes to Aunt May. Always gets a laugh out of me.

What is the music that plays at the end during the quick action shots? I need it!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Toose
I'll see it...but Toby Mcguire??

I thought that too...then I saw a recent picture of him in a magazine...he...um...has been working out. He looks...tastey. I think he's a FINE choice now.

Originally posted by Logan Tyler
What is the music that plays at the end during the quick action shots? I need it!
You might check Spider-Man Hype on the boards there on what the music is.

Sadie, you outta check the trailer out. You might even like him more. Personally, Kirsten looked great in the shots she was in.

Thanks. Got it!

No prob. I found out how they're doing the Spidey Sense in the movie as well. While you're watching the trailer, right when Mary Jane slips on something spilled on the floor, you hear a noise real faint almost too hard to hear, and then he catches her and her food. That's the Spidey Sense they're going to use. Better than little things above his head.

Just saw the Spiderman trailer and let me tell you i am so freakin' psyched. Quoting Corona's Coming Attractions , and I agree, "Blue and red spandex haven't looked as cool on the screen since Kal-El from Krypton wore 'em". From what I have seen, it is the perfect superhero film of that web slinging amazing Spiderman. I'll be there .......the first one tangled in the web.

I concur...the trailer looks amazing. Tobey is perfectly geeky, yet still believable as a superhero. He's a bit more of an everyman. In my opinion, there's two ways you can usually (effectively) adapt a comic book to the big screen: you go for realism, or your go for and over-the-top artificial-looking world. "Dick Tracy" colors and such. "X-Men" was realistic...all the way down to people running for public office while discussing their stance on the "mutant epidemic." It looks like Spider-Man is trying to somewhat imitate "X-Men" in that respect, by casting some geeky-looking guy, rather than the guy with the squarest jaw.

It's really hard to tell, though...the trailer hints at some over-the-top sequences, but I'm reserving judgement for now. Regardless, it looks amazing so far. Tobey sure did bulk up for the role, too.

When Peter gets bit...if you are watching the trailer in quicktime...pause it right there and move frame by frame through the little sequence of changing images. You will see a skinny Maguire(shirtless), then it goes to him reaching for his bed and then him standing in front of his mirror buff.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I am so anticipating this film it's beginning to hurt - and I'm not going to get it here until after you lot for so long I hate hyping things up because then my expectations are raised far beyond any film's capability (hence me thinking Lord of the Rings was average ) but Sam Raimi can make the camera sing damnit and I want to see Spidey fling his web like spidey should. The new trailer hints at me getting what I want...

ok i'm going to go relax and not think any spidey thoughts until a release date is published in this country.

There are/will be at least 500 CG shots in this film as taken from Spider-Man Hype. There is also supposed to be a new trailer hitting the web (no pun intended) very soon.

Starting tomorrow morning ABC Family will start airing the X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons from like 7am-9am, I believe. You can check for sure by clicking HERE.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
wow I used to love watching the spider-man cgi series while sobering up on a saturday morning - memories are bringing a tear to my eye. sniffle.

i caught an episode of x-men the other day but it was completely ballsed up - they called it x-men evolution. is nothing sacred?

This movie is gonna be great! Even if the acting fails a bit, the effects should be worthy of a look. I'm seeing this one, for sure.