Spider-Man

Tools    

Well how can a person squirt web hundreds of feet? Spiders don't squirt web in the first place. It just comes out slowly but not by squirting. He probably has some kind of gland in his forearm and when he bends his wrist backwards it puts pressure on that gland. But how is a gland gonna shoot web hundreds of feet?

Also, he is very good at science, maybe the adhesive was something he was working on for school. Who knows. Maybe it's something he stole from Dr Connors lab. They could have found some way to explain it that was believeable. Maybe his school project was on post-it notes and he accidently invented web stuff when he was trying to invent post-it note glue.

What if The Hulk could fly? As it is he doesn't jump for miles like in the comic. Or wear purple jeans.

As long as we're talking about Spider-Man, where would the twin tower scene have fit in? I didn't see any bad guys in helicopters. Also, his web in that scene was thick, and also when he kissed Mary Jane upside down. Why is it thin web now?

..and speaking of The Hulk. In the preview Bruce is in the bathroom then we see the side of the house bulge out, then explode. That's cool but, then the bathroom sink flies at the camera. What the?? If he punched the wall it would explode all right but if he punched the sink it would break into pieces. It's ceramic. For the sink to come flying out that means he pounded the wall with his fists and then.. kicked the sink out with his foot??
So The Hulk knows kung-fu now? What the??

Well how can a person squirt web hundreds of feet? Spiders don't squirt web in the first place. It just comes out slowly but not by squirting. He probably has some kind of gland in his forearm and when he bends his wrist backwards it puts pressure on that gland. But how is a gland gonna shoot web hundreds of feet?
A comic book movie is supposed to be a little outrageous...but only when it has to be. We have to suspend belief and believe that a genetically enhanced spider bite can actually do that to someone. So, if the webbing is PART of that, we're still only believing the same ridiculous thing really. If we have to believe that, AND we have to believe that he's a world-class scientist (face it: you'd HAVE to be to invent something that advanced and amazing)...well, it becomes harder to swallow.

..and speaking of The Hulk. In the preview Bruce is in the bathroom then we see the side of the house bulge out, then explode. That's cool but, then the bathroom sink flies at the camera. What the?? If he punched the wall it would explode all right but if he punched the sink it would break into pieces. It's ceramic. For the sink to come flying out that means he pounded the wall with his fists and then.. kicked the sink out with his foot??
So The Hulk knows kung-fu now? What the??
First off, don't take it too seriously. Secondly, it's not completely ridiculous, I don't think, to assume that he hit something AROUND the sink, and maybe IT hit the sink. But even then, it doesn't matter. It's not even the movie, for crying out loud. Not even a trailer! Just a teaser.

The Gweat and Tewwible
How come Ebert, of all people, doesn't understand the ending?

What the hell happens at the end of the credits???
I've seen the movie twice and I haven't stayed ti'll the end.
Is it an extra scene? A teaser for part 2? What is it?

WARNING: "The End of Spider-Man" spoilers below
It's the old Spider-Man theme...it plays during the very end of the credits.

Thanx commish.

The Gweat and Tewwible
Originally posted by TWTCommish
He understood it; I emailed him about it. He was just playin' around...as I suspected.
Wow I thought he was serious. I love that guy...

After all, Spider-Man was released even here in Germany. I gladly took the chance to see it at the midnight-premiere and I was really impressed for this was the best comic picturization I've seen ever since "The Crow".
There are two things left though, I'm wondering about.

Firstly, after the movie we had the discussion whether M.J. found out if Peter Parker was Spider-Man or not. When Peter walked away, M.J. somehow made a gesture that some people interpreted as "Oh my god, Peter is Spider-Man!". Some others only saw her whiping away her tears. What does she really know? Is there anything illuminating in the comics ?

And secondly, what was the main reason for Peter to conceal his true feelings for M.J. ? Was it because his enemies would use it as a weak spot of his? But in this case, they could do it anyway, no matter if they go out with each other or not, just like Green Goblin did. He can never deny his own feelings...
Or was the main reason that he had pity on Harry Osborn who loved and dated Mary Jane, lost his father and called Peter his "brother"?
Or was it because he felt that she loved Spider-Man and not him? Or was he afraid that he couldn't hide his secret any longer if he revealed his love and dated her ?
Or are there even more reasons ?
Please enlighten me! Thank you very much in advance

Yours,
Chandra

Firstly, after the movie we had the discussion whether M.J. found out if Peter Parker was Spider-Man or not. When Peter walked away, M.J. somehow made a gesture that some people interpreted as "Oh my god, Peter is Spider-Man!". Some others only saw her whiping away her tears. What does she really know? Is there anything illuminating in the comics ?
I think we were definitely supposed to come away with the feeling that, if she doesn't know, she strongly suspects. The kiss gave him away a little, obviously.

And secondly, what was the main reason for Peter to conceal his true feelings for M.J. ? Was it because his enemies would use it as a weak spot of his? But in this case, they could do it anyway, no matter if they go out with each other or not, just like Green Goblin did. He can never deny his own feelings...
He turned her away for one very simple reason: he wouldn't be able to properly conceal it, and therefore she'd become another target for his enemies. Everyone he knows is in jeopardy as long as he's out there doing what he does.

Thank you very much, Master Yoda

Morbida
I loved the movie thought it was one of the best that I have seen in awhile......as far as invinting ur own web gun, I think we need a check of reality