Spider-Man 2: Villain(s) Revealed?

Tools    

Check this out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/downloads/comingsoon1.mp3

Audio clips from some of the cast, and a Producer or something. Dunst seems to have potentially spilled the beans on the baddies in the sequel. It's worth listening to...but if you want to know without the wait...

WARNING: "Spider-Man 2" spoilers below
She basically said that they're thinking of having TWO villains...Doctor Octopus, and that Lizard guy. Might be true. Might not. We shall see.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The clip sports James Franco, Tobey Maquire, Laura Ziskin, and Kirsten Dunst.

I bet you're asking why I didn't beat you to it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I think that the villans for the 2nd one are the lizard and (or) doctor octopus.

Two villians is definitly a bad idea. That means there won't be much of a story and both origins will be glossed over for the sake of time. Damn it.

Originally posted by ken_movieguy
I think that the villans for the 2nd one are the lizard and (or) doctor octopus.
Uh...yeah...we already said that.

Personally, two villians can backfire (Batman Forever, Batman & Robin), but the good thing about these two villians is that they're both scientists.

The Lizard is Dr. Curt Connors, who is mentioned in the first film. And Doc Ock is also a scientist who is involved in an explosion and has four mechanical arms welded to his body.

I would think that Ock would be the villian focused on more, while The Lizard would be kind of the second-string villian.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer

Uh...yeah...we already said that.

uh...ouch.

posted by sunfrog There won't be much of a story and both origins will be glossed over for the sake of time.
I agree. Two bad guys is a bad idea. I'd like the focus to be on the battle between just the one and Spidey. Batman was such an awesome movie, partly because we really delved into the makings of Joker. Catwoman should have had all the attention, but she had to share it with Penguin (who was awful). Anyhoo...that's my opinion, I agree with Sun.

Also, I predict The Lizard will be naked.
Seriously, if web shooters aren't realistic a raptor in a white lab coat isn't either. I predict The Lizard will just be a run away dino with a mission, something like that. He'll be able to open doors and other "intelligent" stuff like that but he won't be the Lizard from the comic book who talks and wears clothes.

RPG Man
the lizard naked? come on, how hard would it be to give the guy a body suit, put on some torn pants, and have him wear a ripped lab coat? its so simple, i think even i can pull it off.....if i had the money. anyways, in my personal opinion, i think 2 villians would be ok, since they picked the lizard, someone who is not really a full super villain, i think it would work out. one, because he doesnt have it in for spiderman the way Ock does. Dr Octopus is just flat out bad. The use of 2 bad guys for the next film is a little "iffy". it's either gonna rock, or suck.

why not just have the whole sinister six?
i can understand the venom, make ppl wait
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I don't have a clue how anyone can make a comment on whether it would rock or suck... they haven't started making it yet

But in terms of villians i'm with mecurdius... there's nothing i'd like to see more than Venom

Originally posted by mecurdius
why not just have the whole sinister six?
You realize how much money that would cost!? Venom would be cool, but you would have to get the whole story first, how it bonds to Spidey, then to Eddie Brock.

Raptors in clothes aren't realistic, that's why he'll be naked.

RPG Man
yeah, reptiles in clothes isnt realistic...and neither is The Lizard....did you catch that, he's a fictional character....jsut like your brain. clown.

The Lizard and Doctor Octopus?? After seeing the movie, I really dunno why they would do that. Maybe I mis-read something and these are the could be villians for Spider-Man 3 but if this is for Spider-Man 2 than how does that make sense.

Shouldn't Spider-Man 2 have the Hob-Goblin as the villian?? Since this is supposibly a movie buff forum, ill assume you all know what happened in the spiderman film. So why would they just drop all the story that they had going on from the first film and start a whole new one for the second movie.

Either way, ill be pissed if they dont include Venom or Carnage in at least one of the next spidey films

RPG Man
hobgoblin came before greengoblin...why they changed it? its hollywood.

yeah, reptiles in clothes isnt realistic...and neither is The Lizard....did you catch that, he's a fictional character....jsut like your brain. clown.
And ironically like your knowing how to spell...

Clown.

RPG Man
gawddamn, you people take a typo and turn it into a mispelling....damn. get back to the topic and talk about the lizard and doc ock.

Originally posted by DDRZell
hobgoblin came before greengoblin...why they changed it? its hollywood.
Hobgoblin and Green Goblin are TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Gwen Stacy came before Mary Jane, so what. It made a good story.

RPG Man
aye, they are, but the mask is the same one changed by chemicals from Oscorps.