Movie Tab

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Some of Money Talks on TV

And Snoozle, don't worry it's good you waited so long to see Episode 1 with Episode 2 right around the corner it wasn't a total loss.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Running Scared (third time)
Good action and comedy.

"Oh, no. You see, I'm watching the new 'Jeopardy' and a man just lost a Bible question because he didn't know what Deuteronomy was..."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
The Man Who Wasn't There

I saw From Bejing with Love. It's a parody by the Chinese. It's pretty darn funny.

The Man Who Wasn't There - LOVE it even more.
Training Day - f--k stunt performances. It's a shame, though, because I have a sneaking suspicion that Denzel in this is the new Tony Montana.
Wonder Boys - for a date. I couldn't choose a better one myself.
Rope - whoa.

The Contender (fourth time?)
Very good film. I don't really get the "partisan" complaint.
WARNING: "[i" spoilers below
The Contender[/i]]The president used some pretty underhanded tactics himself, and the Democrat Hathaway wasn't portrayed in a better light than Shelly. What's the big deal?

Today I watched two films.

No Man's Land About two modern day soldiers stuck in a trench together. Er.. they're enemies, one's a Serb and the other a Bosnian. Not as cliche as it sounds. It was pretty good actually. Hmm.. I'd say rent it.

Then I watched The Time Machine. Entertaining. I didn't hate it. It was ok.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Dancer in the Dark - the ending, OMG wow!

Panic Room
"Say 'f*ck'."

Again.

Purely technical perspective this time, and also seeing how the rest of the audience reacted. There seemed to be some pointless effects ("entering" the torch globe), and of course the brilliant ones (you know what I'm talking about). Noted the moments I missed, or didn't pay much attention to last time (this time I could hardly contain my laughter when Raoul says, "I'm Raoul" this time. It was just funnier this time around).

I still liked it, it just wasn't as captivating. But how could it have been?

I also watched some of the Tropfest films:

Wilfred
Hommes de Jour
Boomerang
Late Night Shopper
Lamb
Tiny Little Peices

I have more to watch too. But they're great those shorts.
I love them deeply.

Joy Ride (Or Roadkill as it is known here)
- Pretty good (B)

Scorpion King
- Better than i expected (C+)

The Count Of Monte Cristo
- Really enjoyed it , surprised myself. Jim Caveziel (sp?) was very good, as was Guy Pearce. (B+)

Half of Traffic

Breathless

No Way Out (fifth time)
The only performance of Costner's that I like. Gene Hackman and Will Patton did a fantastic job. Great movie, in my opinion.

Originally posted by filmfreak
The Count Of Monte Cristo
- Really enjoyed it , surprised myself. Jim Caveziel (sp?) was very good, as was Guy Pearce. (B+)
Ditto. Very under-rated flick, I thought. A wonderful throwback...great old-time adventure film that felt remarkably real to me for some reason. HIGHLY recommended.

Firegod - have you seen Eastwood's A Perfect World (1993)? I think that is far and away the best performance of Costner's career. It's amazing that Clint actually got some range out of him in front of the camera. Very impressive.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Oh yeah, A Perfect World was very good. I remember seeing that way back when and thinking, this movie is alright (I was like 13 I think).

Star Wars: Episode 1 - to kinda get hyped for Episode 2