Cole's Movie Commentaries

→ in
Tools    

I have to return some videotapes.
That jump scare was so cheap! But I did like the creepiness of the children just sitting there and doing the sssh thing.
Idk I kind of liked it :\

What were the good ones you were talking about?

Idk I kind of liked it :\

What were the good ones you were talking about?
I'll have to see it through to the end, but I do like the one with the photo of mr. boogie, which is then removed and he is actually standing in the garden. That was pretty cool and original imo. Worked better in the theater though.

Yeah that one was nice.
And though it isn't exactly a jump scare, I like the head turning on the computer screen. That was a pretty unexpected moment (though I remember it to be spoiled in the trailers smh)

And though it isn't exactly a jump scare, I like the head turning on the computer screen. That was a pretty unexpected moment (though I remember it to be spoiled in the trailers smh)
Yeah trailers can ruin a movie. it sucks sometimes to see the best parts of a movie are inside of its trailer.

What's the point of declining all the calls. Makes no sense to me.
Yeah well, as it was the case with the home videos, he thinks he can escape the past by just looking the other way. But then again, he should know it could be important, as he told the deputy to help look up all that sh*t he is talking about now... Typical horror films I guess

So with all the other families there were the "BBQs" and "Pool Parties", but Ellison's family didn't do jacks**t together. What would the tape have?

Also, Meds why didn't you like the twist ending?

still hate this stupid twist more than ever. feels so forced and out of place. let's see how the sequel goes when literally using this elements as the very core of the film.

I don't like the twist ending for several reasons.

First off, they create an awesome character with Mr. Boogie, and then let him be sidetracked by kids doing all the stuff. I don't think it's convincing either that it is kids who are behind so much of it. It just feels out of place. Overall it feels like a twist ending just crammed in there for the sake of it. "I'm gonna make you famous daddy" it is so stupid and forced imo.

Kids can be creepy, but I don't buy into the twist, I just don't.

I'll go with
, which is fairly good in my book. There is so much I respect and appreciate about the film, but a lot of it is also stupid clichés, stupid jump scares and a cheap ending. The film has a lot going for it, but it looses it several places for me.