Best Coen Brothers Film

Tools    

I thought The man who wasnt there was their best movie, how about you?.

I am having a nervous breakdance
The Big Lebowski is my all time favourite comedy so ... The Big Lebowski.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

It's a toss-up between 'O Brother Where art Thou?' and 'Raising Arizona'.

Despite that I love 'O Brother Where art Thou?' its going to have to be 'Raising Arizona'.

That film has some very fond memories for me and I think it's unique and brilliant. Nic Cage has not been quite that good since though.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
There are about six other threads on this already. Ah well....I'll leave posting those links to somebody like Holden. He is good at it.

There really isn't any Coen Brothers movie that I don't love with a passion.....My favorite is probably a combination of Blood Simple, Miller's Crossing, O Brother Where Art Thou, and The Big Lebowski. I dig Fargo....but at the moment not as much as those movies.

While we're sort of on the topic of Fargo, I think I'll ask a question concerning evil (as that is my thing as of late). Who do you think the villain of this movie is? Is William H. Macy's character evil?

Only for the weak
I've not seen alot of Coen Bros films, Fargo was my favorite. Big Lebowski was hilarious too.

01. Fargo (1996)
02. Barton Fink (1991)
03. O, Brother Where Art Thou? (2000)
04. The Big Lebowski (1998)
05. Miller's Crossing (1990)
06. Blood Simple (1984)
07. Raising Arizona (1987)

Miller's Crossing
"That's you all over, Tom: a lie and no heart."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I really need to see Miller's Crossing again.
It didn't sit right with me that first time, and I wants to know why.

I can't wait for Intolerable Cruelty to come out. Its always nice having a Coen bros. picture in theaters.

So true....

Nic Cage has not been quite that good since though.
One word for you, Sir:
Adaptation.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
One word for you, Sir:
Adaptation.
I've yet to see that one of his.

Then stop whatever it is you are doing right now and go watch it. NOW! It is Nic Cage's best movie.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Then stop whatever it is you are doing right now and go watch it. NOW! It is Nic Cage's best movie.
Wish I could but I can't afford to, not unless it comes out on Terrestrial Television or Sky.

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
I haven't seen some of those movies yet (HEY! Quit pelting me with popcorn!) I own "The Man Who Wasn't there". My fave tho is "O Brother" which I don't own, but I own the soundtrack with the 2ed being "Raising Arizonia" which I did own, but was stolen from me by my mother along with my good cookbooks.

MY favourite is THE DUDE.

THE BIG LEBOWSKI

The Big Lebowski is awesome. Also loved Something about Mary.

Originally Posted by bloodraveness
The Big Lebowski is awesome. Also loved Something about Mary.
Was that a joke?

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Was that a joke?
No, it was a brain fart. Argh crap, S.A.M - that was the Farelly (sp) bros, wasn't it?

Yep. Cool movie...but, as you noticed, wrong people.

You should go see The Man Who Wasn't There. It is VERY good. Beautifully filmed, acted....touching.....great. Check it out.