Danny Elfmann
31 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Shake well before opening.
Matrix reloaded or American Beauty.

God bless thomas newman.

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
its American Beauty.
absitivly.
you see when you listen to the theame music from True romance and then listen to the theame music from American Beauty it is that same Zylaphone melody that rings in your ears for years and years.
in my experiance any movie that happens to have that certain beat at the begining middle and or end has wound up being a fav of mine...but thats just me.

what have the first two fellas done? I havn't heard of them off hand...I am sure I will as soon as you mention a flicker of theres.

alright a post! drexal your my new best friend. Thomas newman is without a doubt the best movie music composer ever. He did american beauty, unstrung heroes, scent of a woman, more recently road to perdition and many more. Don davis i only know from the matrix trilogy but he is talented as well. And i totally agree on american beauty, that movie is almost perfect.

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
I know exactly how you feel I have made threads that NO 1 will read. I do not know why honestly. like my silent hill movie thread that ****s fun. creating a cast. nitpicking plotholes that would arise.
comparing it to far insuperier games such as RE I love movie forums .com but every thread should have atleast one reply...make us feel loved...thought of...cared for even....
but thats just me.....
I'll reply to yours with great intrest if you reply to mine with atlest feigned intrest.....(tee-hee)

(I'm so very lounly.)

I'm with John Williams. I'm very partial to the Superman score, and I enjoyed the Star Wars discs as well.

Where's Basil Poledouris ? And Ennio Morricone (sp) ?

I must become Caligari..!
Ennio Morricone
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

the score from reqiuem for a dream......by far!!!!

We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five. -Jack Black (High Fidelity)

that score makes me want to kill myself. clint mansell is good though.

John Williams, especially for his Imperial March tune, I have that as the ring tone on my mobile(cell) phone! Sweet.

John Williams stole jsut about all of his stuff from other composers. He's completly un-original. Elfman had my vote, same with Zimmer but hes not on the list.....
The Gladiator and Pirates scores are probably my favorites

My favorite is Howard Shore. Why wasn't he in the vote? Lord Of the Rings anyone?

My favorite overall score though is Road to Perdition by Thomas Newman. That music made that movie great.

Where is Vangelis and Ennio Morricone?

I have to agree with "marlowe203" Requiem For A Dreams soundtrack is phenominal... Danny Elfman is the ****, but Clint Mansell is catching up quicker than anyone realizes.....

The Bear with the Funk
thank you elfman! any tim burton movie, simpsons(show) army of darkness, SCROOGED

The Bear with the Funk
that was pretty damn sweet. You all heard the stuff from Leon, same for 5th element

I ate all your bees.
Basil Poledouris!! His Conan score and Starship Troopers score were both excellent. You cannot go past 'The Anvil of Crom'. Still Williams is prob my fav for Star wars & Indiana, both classic tunes.

Bruce Campbell Groupie
I like Elfman's Batman scores, they make me tingle all over.

the score from reqiuem for a dream......by far!!!!
It is haunting. Are we looking solely at composers who are still alive?