Your Ultimate Movie Store

Tools    

Let's say you are a movie store or movie emporium owner if you will, what would this store include? Describe your "ultimate" store as in much detail as you could. Remember...it's your store so do as you wish.

Keep in mind, there will be no rentals but all merchandise in the store will be movie related: DVDS, clothes, posters, collectables, books, toys, music, etc.

Use your imagination and have fun.

This place has been a dream of mine since I was a child in Wien (Vienna). In all reality it would be somewhat of a small place. I always thought of buying a Denny's restaurant and converting it. As the name states, it would be nothing but movie monkey mania! Every movie that either was about monkeys or just had monkeys in it. There are a LOT of them! Documentary type films as well. I would also carry independent movies by obscure filmakers. As long they had monkeys in them. My merchandising would be the best in the country. If possible, I would specialize in original monkey artwork. Have you ever seen this? It's actual paintings done by monkeys! I would have live monkeys at the store painting for customers. You wouldn't be able to top that. I breed them so I have plenty on hand. I've even taught some how to use a remote control. You'd come in and buy a DVD and get a free monkey! He'd work the remote for you. Who wouldn't want that! I'd even have little outfits you could buy for them to wear. They do fairly well with children and most are capable of changing their own diapers. In my place you'd actually be able to preview the movie you wanted to buy. In fact, while you're doing this, the monkeys that have learned to talk will give you a free commentary while you watch. You'll also be able to have snacks and the monkeys will bring you coffee. I have a special blend that I make myself. It's called "Maquaque Latte". The beans have actually been through the digestive tract of my monkeys. It's got a unique flavor and aroma. Well, unique may not be the word I'm looking for, but you will find it different. Also, to keep people in the mood, I'd have monkey related songs playing over the PA. Everybody likes monkey music! I'd even have car washes out in the parking lot. Buy $20. or more worth of merchandise and get a free carwash by about a dozen monkeys. They're fast little buggers. You'll only have to tip the ones that can speak. I also envision having a playground inside. Kind of like what McDonald's has. Except it would look like a jungle! And it would be full of monkeys. What kid wouldn't love that! Yeah, the monkeys can get a little rowdy from time to time. But every kid will get a wiffle ball bat before he goes in. I've found this tool to be more than adequate. Finally, it would be a great place to work. My employees would get to pick what kind of monkey that they would want to dress as. If there are any investors out there who read this...you're talking instant goldmine! This store would do well in any country.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I would like to do it in the manner that Chapters, Indigo, etc bookstores has done. That is have a big place, by that I mean bigger than what you would expect your avg movie store of today to be, multi-level perhaps.

I would like to dedicate huge section of wallspace to movieposters that are actually painted on the walls (not your avg. poster paper+tape) but not so much so that there would be so many that they would overlap like wallpaper, I would leave adquate space in between each of these paintings to make the space feel uncluttered and more classy.

As for all the space, I would fill it up with all films, not just the current ones but the ones that have been released in the past (though there would be less copies of these). and Also the films of other languages that would interest the other races of people around that community. They would all be arranged by genre then alphabetically on shelves, very much like a book store only there would be DVDs and VHS there instead of the books.

I would have TVs hanging down from the ceiling airing random movies (full movies) so people can just stand around and watch it.

Finally I would like to install booths that would give people 2 mins of time to say anything they want about movies... this will then be edited for content and wheather if the comments are really any "good" (their bias of course).... which would be rebroadcasted to miniTVs outside of the store to attrach peoples attention.......getting strangers telling strangers "go see _________" or what not. People would probably just enter the store for the sake of being on TV tommorow... and once their in the store, the greater the chances they will buy something.

I feel like I just auditioned for THE APPERENTICE, are my ideas "Fired" jrs? hahaha