MovieMeditation's Cinema Reviews

→ in
Tools    

I have to return some videotapes.
Wow this was a crazy good review. It's even more impressive seeing that you didn't think it was amazing.

I am writing reviews for a danish site, which is where these Cinema Reviews more or less come from, but I don't get paid and I'm an idiot for it, I know. But I love movies so much I'll gladly watch new ones before anyone else and for free. But I wish I found a place where I could get paid. It could even be an online site from another country perhaps.
Inspired by your review I wrote a 3,100 words review here for a manga in my comics thread. That I am 100% sure nobody will read. Though I also posted it in a manga reviews thread.

But yeah, I am searching for a way of widening my talents and finding a job that fits me - whether one way or another and that's also why I have been on/off with my activity here.
Try Wall Street. I watched that Scorsese movie the other day, must be fun it has hookers and cocaine in there.

I wonder who's got the record for longest review, you or JD
Well I hope it's me, since I had JayDee's word count in the back of my mind as I wrote the last paragraph or two. I was so close, so I thought why the hell not go for the last few hundred words or so. Especially since I really wanted to talk about that ending, which was the last paragraph I wrote.

You've really set the bar MM! That must have taken you hours if not days!
Well actually, I had only one day, which makes up about 5-6 hours, to write as much as I could so I could send it in to the distributors, who uses it to put on posters and such. I did what I could, then finished the next day. So two days, without writing all day of course.

And then added a few more paragraphs for the english version I posted here, so maybe three days.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
More than 5000 words written... beat that one, JayDee!
Nope fair enough, that's longer than any review I've got on here. I think I've had a few like Jurassic Park and Age of Ultron which landed in the 3500-4000 range. So it's longer than any I've posted. However I believe I have one tucked away in my locker that came in at about 5500 words!!!

Nope fair enough, that's longer than any review I've got on here. I think I've had a few like Jurassic Park and Age of Ultron which landed in the 3500-4000 range. So it's longer than any I've posted. However I believe I have one tucked away in my locker that came in at about 5500 words!!!
Oh no! Don't bring the thunder down on me just yet! Let me at least have the glory of the longest review just for a few months.

I remember you mentioning a review that would "dwarf" your Age of Ultron review, it must be that one right? Although I would love to read it I pray it'll stay in that locker! Don't think I'll ever go for something as major as this ever again.

Just went to check the exact number of words in the review. And it wasn't there! Remember the issue I had a while back where I lost a bunch of reviews? I hadn't realised it but that was actually one of them.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go blow my brains out!

Aw man, that's like the most depressing thing I've ever heard.

I'm sorry to hear that JayDee, I don't even know what I would do with myself.

But keep your head up JayDee!!!

Master of My Domain
5 to 6 hours of writing for distributors? I thought all you had to do was throw them a few loosely connected generic adjective that are synonyms to "great", or any positive word for that matter.

Oh and I'm sorry for your loss JayDee.

5 to 6 hours of writing for distributors? I thought all you had to do was throw them a few loosely connected generic adjective that are synonyms to "great", or any positive word for that matter.
Jep, I could do that. As I've said before I'm not bound to anything. If I don't want to send anything in, I just don't. It's only if I want to get on the poster. And yes, I could just write a short sentence or two and my final rating and that would be fine...

Master of My Domain
Ohmigod, dis movie is like, so AWESUM!

- Movie Meditation (MoFo Tribune)

Aw man, that's like the most depressing thing I've ever heard.

I'm sorry to hear that JayDee, I don't even know what I would do with myself.
Don't even try to pretend MM! We both know you're delighted that your record won't be beaten anytime soon!

Don't even try to pretend MM! We both know you're delighted that your record won't be beaten anytime soon!
You got me! I was pretty convincing though, right?

But as a reviewer, I certainly still relate to how it must be to lose multiple entire reviews... Do I really care? That's another story.