Which poseidon do you guys like better the original or the remake?

Tools    

What is your opinion on this?

I adored the original and it was the first real disaster movie, so we have to give it props. But the remake had some very good things to it.

I think Josh Lucas did an excellent job with the role and without him the movie wouldn't have nearly been as good.

I went and saw the movie in theaters and I was glued to my seat the entire time. Depsite knowing the ending, I was taken on a pretty good adventure ride. Definately worth the admission fee.

While the original is a classic and a standard in film making, we can't let this alone dictate which one was better. The remake made some improvements and made the movie more accessible to today's movie goers. The film and film makers didn't set out to erase the original or surpass it, but to pay homage to it and to honour it. Something I think they did quite tastefully.

I thought the original was much, much better than the remake

I thought the new poseiden was pretty lame and didn't have the tension and sense of claustrophobia as the original

Of course the special affects were better but sfx don't a good movie make...

I Like the original better

They both suck harder than the other one. You might ask yourself, "But, DaShiz, how can they both suck more? Wouldn't one, even if they both sucked, still have to not suck as much and therefor get the title of better?" Yeah, you MoFo's are very smart but I'll explain. Their suckiness' is not stagnate. It's continually moving downard as they leap frog over one another to new depths of horrible movies. It's a little known phenomenon. Eventually these movies will reach new forms of suckiness' during which the world may cave in on it's self, or, as another theorist theorized theoretically, that person believed they might come full circle and become the best movies ever. It's a good theory because in order for their leap frogging to continue for ever they would have to travel a path that continued forever. Hence the circular path and the passing of both suckiness and greatness.

So, basically, they'll suck beyond belief until either the world caves in or they become the best movies ever.

-DaShiz
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

No doubt the original is my favorite of the two.

The second gave Andre Braugher work, and although it is no doubt the lesser of the two films, Braugher being in it justifies its existence. At least to me.