Scariest Movie Ever!

Tools    

I'm not really into that seneless violence but I do watch a horror movie once and a while and it is really sad movies like Jason X and Halloween Resurrection are supposed to be even considered horror movies

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I'm glad to say that I'm still a fan of both Friday the 13th and Halloween movies because I haven't seen either Jason X or Resurrection.

hey you guys know that there coming out with a scary movie 3.
This time there going to be making fun of the Matrix movies.

I have mixed emotions about it.
what have you heard??

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally posted by megatron
This time there going to be making fun of the Matrix movies.
How original......

Yah if you think about it, it's not that original.......but lets just hope that they keep it funny...and not repeative like they have the last two.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Originally Posted by megatron
Yah if you think about it, it's not that original.......but lets just hope that they keep it funny...and not repeative like they have the last two.
Let's hope that Kevin Smith has done a good job with the script then

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
The following films scared me as a kid and hold a special place in my heart:

The Exocist: I was in the 4th grade when I overheard some kids talking about the masturbation scene with the crucifix. When I finally saw the film, I was in junior high, and I was convinced that I would someday become possessed by a demon.

The Omen: I was in junior high the first time I watched this, as well. What scared me the most was that Damien didn't know he was the anti-Christ until he saw the mark of the beast on his scalp. I was scared that I might be the anti-Christ and kept searching my scalp for a mark.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The craziness and senselessness of it all scared the poop out of me. I thought, "There are probably real people out there just like this." I made a promise to myself to never drive through Texas.

Halloween: They should have never made a single sequel to this classic. The idea of a slowly stalking, methodical, invincible killer was a novel idea at the time, but now, all the sequels have ruined it.

Friday the 13th: Everybody seems to forget that Jason was not the killer in this one. His mother was the killer. The mother's arm coming out of the lake and grabbing the girl in the boat was a classic chill-thrill ending at the time.

Friday the 13th II: Jason became the killer in this one, to avenge his dead mother. Jason's arm coming out of the lake was almost predictable, but it was scary, nonetheless. This was a good sequel, but this is where they should have stopped.

The Night of the Living Dead: The low quality film and lighting gave a documentary-style feel to it. The zombies scrambling for guts as if they were a bunch of hungry dogs was creepy. My favorite part is the entire cemetary scene at the beginning: "He's coming to get you Bar-ba-ra."
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I have been waiting patiently for someone to mention The Exorcist as the scariest movie ever because it hasn't and never will be scary, but giving the fact that you were young when you seen it I'll let you get away with it

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
When watching the pioneer film of a thread of a certain genre, if you've seen all the films that were influenced by it since then, the pioneer film never seems very scary. When I watched it as a kid, there were NO other films about devil possession of an innocent child. The closest was Rosemary's Baby, but that wasn't possession.

Like I said, those films I listed hold a special place in the dark corner of my heart.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I have never seen Rosemary's Baby, but I have read some rave reviews about it. I think I'll check it out sometime

Originally Posted by theshape82
i know i haven't been here a while and this has probably been posted for a while
uhm...guy?.....FYI shadow of the vampire was not a remake of nosferatu...but a story of the filming of it
Nosferatu Eine Symphonie des Grauens was remade in america to be nosferatu symphony of horror(which btw is a translation of the original title for all of you who can't read german )
but you're right...the original nosferatu is creepy as hell

HELL YEAH!, THOSE EARS , THE TEETH , SCARED THE ***** OUT OF ME WHEN I WAS LITTLE , BUT NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD IS THE ALL TIME SCARIEST.