Scariest Movie Ever!

Tools    

I'm gonna have to say the scariest movie that I've ever seen would be...

KAZAAM

I mean, jeez, have you ever seen Shaq act?

With all kidding aside, I watched Halloween: Ressurection yesterday and I was honestly chilled by it. I've watched every one of the Halloween movies and found this one to be the best that I can recall. BUT what I don't get is how someone can come back from getting their head chopped off?!

I highly recommend that all of you see Halloween. It is a very edgey, jump-out-at-you type movie with many swings in the storyline and makes you try and guess what will happen next. It is an awesome movie.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I don't know...

The scary parts of "Lost Highway" are really really scary to me. Also the end of "Ring" (or "Ringu" if you like) scared the **** out of me the first time I saw it. And "The Blair Witch Project" gave me the chills all the way through. An escalating feeling of the chills. But the scariest entire movie ever.. I don't know. The original "The Nightwatch" is pretty scary. It's very scary actually... The scary parts of "Twin Peaks", the series, are damn scary too... I'm not very good at this...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally posted by blove23
what I don't get is how someone can come back from getting their head chopped off?!
You obviously haven't watched Halloween ressurection which tells you how.

But do yourself a favour, watch a good movie instead.

Well, what happened was that I ordered it on pay-per-view and I missed the first 30 minutes of it. So that's probably why I missed out on that.

I See You When You're Sleeping
You didn't miss much though, just michael myers doing a village people impression in a flashback

Originally posted by Piddzilla
Also the end of "Ring" (or "Ringu" if you like) scared the **** out of me the first time I saw it.
meeeeeee toooooo....i saw the japanese one first, and i think they were both great...at then end when the chick walks out of the TV....eeeeeekkk

Originally posted by Piddzilla
The original "The Nightwatch" is pretty scary
is that the German version....if we are talking about the same movie, yes, GREAT flick

also, as cheesy as it sounds, Exsorcist 3 [sp?] freaked me out

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by n7of9

meeeeeee toooooo....i saw the japanese one first, and i think they were both great...at then end when the chick walks out of the TV....eeeeeekkk

I haven't seen the american version yet, but they say it's decent. But the ending of the japanese verison... Man. I saw it in the afternoon, it was broad daylight outside. But I was alone and I forgot to turn off the VCR. Then when the tape was finished, the machine starts rewinding it making a lot of noise PLUS the tv is automatically turned off with the result of nothing but a flimmering screen. Did I **** in my pants? No, but I threw up my heart! That scene is so unbelievably creepy.

is that the German version....if we are talking about the same movie, yes, GREAT flick
Actually, it's Danish. But, hey, as we swedes sometimes say: Those danes aren't really that different from the germans.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I think Roman Polanski's Rosemary's Baby and Repulsion are two of the scariest movies ever.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

BANNED
The Muppets take Manhattan !

j/k

BANNED
I'd say a contender has to be Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau, recently remade as Shadow of the Vampire. I'm referring to the original movie, dating back to the 1920's, though.

Okay. I am new here but let me say two things: 1. Of every movie I've seen "Session 9" is definitely scariest. 2. Lost Highway isn't a horror, but I see where you're coming from. I dig all of David Lynch's stuff. I would say that the most disturbing movie I've ever seen is Begotten. Three words: ****ED UP MOVIE!!!! I dunno if we're allowed to say that on here so this message might never get posted because of censoring but....whatever. Ok so I went beyond two things to say but I hope it helps anyway.

BloodFeast

First film to have someone die with their eyes open.

They used a lot of ketchup and sausage when they made this film!!

Suzuki

Compare DVD Copying Software and SAVE up to 50%. Why buy? Rent and copy!!

The original Night of the Living Dead is probably the scariest movie to me because it's like a real nightmare I could have. The way it's shot... the black & white picture... being chased by one dead guy from a graveyard and then having many more show up later... I like how more of them appear. It's like in video games when there are constant baddies surrounding you. I think there's some kind of primal fear in nature of being attacked by numerous things - probably dating back to hunters, clans, Indians, and other groups that would chase one person just to kill him. Now we see it with wars and even fights at school or on the street.

But having the dead come back to kill you... to chase you... to eat you... the cannibalism and all that... there's poetic justice in that. It's like all of the victims of hunters and murderers all coming back for revenge. People don't die... don't try to kill them. More and more will keep coming for you. They'll take over until they win. We see it all the time in nature, and we know there's procreation and the ability to keep ourselves alive through our children.

It's also a movie that's not about morals or spirituality. There's no Jesus Christ in the flick. If Night of the Living Dead took place in Jesus' time, Jesus would have opened his eyes after dying on the cross, ripped his nailed body off of it, and started killing and eating everyone who got in his way. The movie says the only way there could be life after death is this way - if the corpses came back to life and started killing us so we'd be living dead with them. They have a way of preaching too. And we, the viewer, can look at this and think maybe it's better if we just stay dead for eternity.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Kazaam aint got nothin' on this one...

How was Halloween: Resurrection scary? The jump scare parts weren't even good.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
In all seriousness: Frailty

Yeah Frailty was pretty disturbing.

Originally posted by Django
I'd say a contender has to be Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau, recently remade as Shadow of the Vampire. I'm referring to the original movie, dating back to the 1920's, though.
i know i haven't been here a while and this has probably been posted for a while
uhm...guy?.....FYI shadow of the vampire was not a remake of nosferatu...but a story of the filming of it
Nosferatu Eine Symphonie des Grauens was remade in america to be nosferatu symphony of horror(which btw is a translation of the original title for all of you who can't read german )
but you're right...the original nosferatu is creepy as hell

Halloween Ressurection was just plan gorey I can't stand films like that... It was a stupid story I mean mixing a real tv type thing with a horror flick... can anyone say desperate to make a film... I must admitted I did just a few times but that was because of the nasty was they were offed.... and Jason X what a joke these are the types of movies that put the classics to shame....

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

I'm still trying to figure out if Jason X was meant to be a comedy. The camper vr scene (come on who didn't laugh when Jason played baseball with the sleeping bags???). The lady robot with her upgrades. I'm going to have to agree with Red Queen here.