Some great movies u probably havnt noticed.

Tools    

just thought id put in a few great movies that didnt get mainstream success and ask ur opinion on them, here we go:

1. trainspotting: the greatest ever british film(scotish film to be precise) with superb acting and a really realistic powerful depiction of drug abuse. robert carlyle is especially great in it as nutcase begbie.

2.kung pow! enter the fist: a spoof classic, just thought it was really funny, evil betty, my god what a character, its a petty the new scenes from scratch were so poor.

3.chopper: best austrailian film ive ever seen withe the "hulk" star eric bana in his first major role playing nutter mark "chopper" reid. story about a guy who went around demanding money from drug dealers(based on a true story) with superb acting from bana. u gotta see this, as hes gonna be a big, big, star.

Don't be Feisty now...
Kung Pow?

Now that movie I don't think was all that great.

I think Trainspotting has become somewhat mainstream in America.

Name's Charly, the spy!
Originally posted by rocklarky
1. trainspotting

3.chopper: best austrailian film ive ever seen withe the "hulk" star eric bana in his first major role playing nutter mark "chopper" reid. story about a guy who went around demanding money from drug dealers(based on a true story) with superb acting from bana. u gotta see this, as hes gonna be a big, big, star.
I think Trainspotting is pretty well known & appreciated. Chopper isn't as widely known but definately deserves to get more attention - its a great film & Bana is fantastic in it! The aussie films I think are great but didn't get box office success are 'Better Than Sex' with Susie Porter [Mullet, The Monkey's Mask] & David Wenham [LOTR:TTT, Moulin Rouge] & 'Romper Stomper' with Russell Crowe & Jacqueline Mackenzie [Divine Secrets of the ya-ya Sisterhood, Deep Blue Sea]

kung pow is a classic!

Your right, i hav'nt seen any of them

ur on a movie forum and u havnt seen a classic like trainspoting, do u even like movies? ever heard of star wars?

Put me in your pocket...
rocklarky...there is no reason for your rudeness and it's ticking me off. Stop it.

I haven't seen those movies either. It's riduculous for you to even suggest that because someone hasn't seen these movies they are less of a movie fan than you.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by rocklarky
ur on a movie forum and u havnt seen a classic like trainspoting, do u even like movies? ever heard of star wars?
You title your thread, "Some great movies u[sic] probably havnt[sic] noticed.", and then you berate someone for having not seen one of them?

P.S. Trainspotting is hardly a "classic". It's good, but not that good.

Anti-Poser
Trainspoting is a good movie and pretty well known.

The baby crawling on the celing is still scary as hell to me. YIKES!

Well, for a start I am only 15. The only 18s that i have seen are the ones that i go out of my way to see. The Alien series for example.

I was brought up watchings films, my dad showed me classics, just not the kind with sex and drugs.

Ah well

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by Private_mojo
I was brought up watchings films, my dad showed me classics, just not the kind with sex and drugs.
Well, that kind of disqualifies Trainspotting then...

I love it, by the way, and I think you could call it a 90's classic. In Europe, at least, it was huge.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Please don't gang up on me here but I actually enjoyed Darkness Falls.

I read bad reviews of it (average 2 stars) but still went to see it and I didn't regret it. IMO this movie deserves more praise, maybe it didn't recieve this prise because it's not a "moneybags" movie