Movies and Merchandise

Tools    

DonJuan de la Nooch
What is wrong with Hollywood today. It seems HW is going for money not quality. It is bad enough that most of the movies coming out this year are sequels, but nowadays most of these movies are heavily merchandised with product placements.
I really started noticing this with the release of Austin Powers: The Spy who Shagged Me. When Austin went back to the 60's to the club where he meets Felicity Shagwell, he bumps into a girl and says, "Let go of my Heinie!" Then purposely holds up a famous beer with a similar name.
Just recently in the movie X-Men 2, There was a scene where the mutant academy was attacked. Wolverine and company escaped and drove away in a sporty vehicle with a popular name. While Wolvie was driving, they had various angles and close-ups of the car. I'm surprised they didn't flash the price of the car while they were at it. Does anyone else notice this happening?

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I also noticed this happening in various movies but it's not a new trend it's been happening for years.

Back to the point Minority Report must have some sort of record for the most ads in a movie.

I wished the buck stopped here
Originally posted by sphericthor
I also noticed this happening in various movies but it's not a new trend it's been happening for years.

Back to the point Minority Report must have some sort of record for the most ads in a movie.
You're joking! I never noticed...........oh yeh, it's cos I was asleep

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I thought Minortiy Report was good, but not the best movie I've seen, it could've and should've been much better