A tribute to the Brits

Tools    

Just want to pay homage to all the Brits that I have met here and in the world. You are great people from a great country. Here is my Haiku (be gentle, it's my first time)

To Brits I hold dear
close to my heart, my friends, true
I see in new light

I love you guys

I second that. I have, for most of my life, thought of British people as snobby and stuck up...but I don't care if that's true or not anymore. I find that I don't care about anything like that right now. When I heard that England was going to stand by the US, my attitude changed. I only hope I can hang onto this feeling.

Thank you for your help. It is appreciate more than you can all know.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Here, here. All Allies of the US are ok in my book.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Haha, I stick up my tiny wee nosey but it dont get very far, LOLL. Thanks guys but I think I am gonna cry becuz Pigsnie just now sez he might be flyin to Tel Aviv! Hes only 50% sure though. Pray they send someone else.

PS, NICE HAIku, Toosy moosy.

It's funny how most other nations do think of us Brits as snobby and stuck-up. Most People I know in England just get drunk a lot and get in fights, there are no pretensions or delusions of grandeur. I think we are an arrogant nation at times with relation to our fellow U.K countries (Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland); I feel sorry for them, that they often get lumped into the same category: Great Britain.

Our country is perhaps America's closest allie, and we have felt your grief hard. The news coverage has been non-stop. All the European football games were cancelled (that is a big deal, they never do that as the sport generates so much money for teams and sponsors). My Dad and I have been on the road today doing wood deliveries and everyone we came across wanted to talk about recent events.

I read on the other post that Chevy Chase may have perished, can anyone confirm this. I know it seems silly but I grew up watching that guy, so I'm worried.

Originally posted by ggfletch

Our country is perhaps America's closest allie, and we have felt your grief hard.
We will feel yours too... apparently there were at least 100 Brits in the building and CNN says there may have been up to 500 British casualties as a result of this. That is by no means a small number. Your country will suffer as ours has done over this.

This whole thing is turning into a global act versus an act against the US. Apparently there were many Canadians, Japanese etc. that were killed. This is going to be a mighty big can of Raid that's gonna get sprayed on these bugs.

Originally posted by Toose
Just want to pay homage to all the Brits that I have met here and in the world. You are great people from a great country. Here is my Haiku (be gentle, it's my first time)

To Brits I hold dear
close to my heart, my friends, true
I see in new light

I love you guys

Thanks toose, i have neva met you (shame!), but i feel you are one of my closest friends. Thankyou for that kind gesture!

Originally posted by TWTCommish
I have, for most of my life, thought of British people as snobby and stuck up
i had no idea we were still thought of like that! Do americans think all british drink tea and have scones every day too?
but i'm glad your attitude has changed, in ways we were hit just as hard by the bombings.Like everyones been saying on the news, its an attack on democracy and the free world, not just the US. thanks for acknowledging the brits!

Yeah, we all think you drink tea everyday...I was almost positive you did. I dunno about scones, but my brother and I love to poke fun at that. He talks to some British friend of his online and starts going "Jolly bloody scones tea dill bloody Queen" -- complete gibberish. They get a kick out of it. We love playing the part of the stereotypical American. "Ya'll speak American over there in Great Britland?"

[red]Originally posted by TWTCommish[/red]
I have, for most of my life, thought of British people as snobby and stuck up...
Hey now,
I'm American and I never thought that. I think the French are stuck up, except the girls, who I think are incredibly sexy. (I haven't seen the ones that don't shave their armpits yet) I always thought the Brits were tidy and well mannered like John Cleese or Hugh Grant.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Hate to tell you Brits, but the youth of America doesn't know much about you. Example, I was in anthroplogy today and we were supposed to think up deffining characteristics of other cultures. One group got England. Their main point was that in the afternoon all work in England stops for afternoon tea. They actually think NOTHING goes on in england at 5:00 because it's tea time. I've been to England some 13 times, and my dad is British, so I know how it really is there.

Almost every kid in my highschool thinks you drink tea and eat scones. They think you say "Pip pip" all the time etc etc. Hate to say it, but they use British as an insult! Stoopid kids!

Their not serious though. Not about the insults at least.

Originally posted by OG-
Hate to tell you Brits, but the youth of America doesn't know much about you. Example, I was in anthroplogy today and we were supposed to think up deffining characteristics of other cultures. One group got England. Their main point was that in the afternoon all work in England stops for afternoon tea. They actually think NOTHING goes on in england at 5:00 because it's tea time. I've been to England some 13 times, and my dad is British, so I know how it really is there.

Almost every kid in my highschool thinks you drink tea and eat scones. They think you say "Pip pip" all the time etc etc. Hate to say it, but they use British as an insult! Stoopid kids!

Their not serious though. Not about the insults at least.
That's funny... when I tell people I live in Texas they always ask how big my ranch is or how many cows I have. Answer: 1/8 of an acre, no cattle.

"Jewish" as an insult...but he doesn't mean it in a bad way.
Ever use an "insult" that wasn't meant in a bad way?

You know what I mean: he didn't meant it in a bad way to Jewish people. But to the thing he was insulting? Well, yeah.
Couldn't help busting your ba*ls a little... it's all in good fun

hehe wow you guys sure are nice to us brits! im quite new here but i've got the empression you guys are kind people

oh and sunfrog, is it cloudy where you are?

Welcome, new MoFo! And yeah, we're kind...so long as you recognize PLite as cute, bow before my all-mighty Admininstration powers, and don't act like Zwee.

hello newbie! ah i remember when i was of your kind. those were the days, sigh. Anywho, where are you from? are you a yank? it seems the brits on this site are few and far between. and it seems we are pictured sitting by the computer with a scone and a cup of tea next to the mouse mat. Oh and by the way, i hate tea!

and as a last note Aranor wishes me to tell you he is very ill, but also sends welcomes! so does Kyra! (who isnt ill, she just cant be bothered to log on)