Multiple Bombings: World Trade Center/Pentagon

Tools    

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i hope so.

as for a reason to hate successful people ... the example given (Bill Gates) supports my point. The most successful people are not infallible, nor perfect. Neither is this nation. This nation has done things, is doing things, and will do things that aren't without some element of iffyness. In Bill Gates' case ... what did he have to do, how did he have to treat people, and what little people were crushed and elbowed out of the way for him to climb to the top?

It's true that people will always be jealous of the successful popular people but not entirely without reason. The successful popular people are that way for a reason - and it's what they do to get there that can often incite hatred. I don't disagree some people get envious just b/c so and so has something. But it's not just the fault of other nation's goverments when the US gets involved to "help" but really manipulates the situation in order to serve their own interests, affecting other countries way of life to serve US ideals, and own agendas/vendettas. If we stayed in our own little pocket and talked to no one and then something like this happened, it'd make more sense to say "We didn't hurt anybody, what did we do to provoke this?" But when we are as involved in world affairs and influence as we are, the slate is complicated and we are not without fault. I am not saying we DESERVED this tragedy. No one does. I am simply stating that it is unsurprising, to be expected, and our actions have played a part in it. Others do indeed, I feel, have some grounds to dislike the US. Not to HURT the US, but to hate us.

I disagree on some of those points. For one, I do not think getting to the top requires that you commit some sort of offense against someone else. I think, instead, that you're bound to make someone think that you've committed some offense to get there, because there are bound to be people who disagree with your methods, even if they're really, honestly moral.

I think the US has made mistakes, but I honestly believe we've acted with better intentions than most. From what I understand, before we bombed Hiroshima, we dropped flyers all over the city, warning people to leave beforehand. Do our enemies ever offer the same courtesy? I know this is going to make me come off as a pig-headed American (it's okay, I'm used to it), but I think we've been most just and fair than most other countries out there.

If some mistakes are inevitable, and we've made less than others, then I don't know that there is necessarily a good reason to hate us. I can't say for sure, but I would hesitate to agree with that notion right away.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
From what I understand, before we bombed Hiroshima, we dropped flyers all over the city, warning people to leave beforehand. Do our enemies ever offer the same courtesy?
You are correct in your points. Also, this same courtesy was extended to Baghdad during the Gulf War.

The difference is that America hits strategic war related targets. We hit ammo dumps, military airports, military fuel dumps etc.

Pearl Harbor was a strategic hit by the Japanese during War times because they felt genuinely threatened by the US warships.

This act yesterday was an assault on the "symbol" of western success and on the "symbol" of US power. This was not a strategic act of war. This was the murder of thousands of innocents.

Originally posted by thmilin
In Bill Gates' case ... what did he have to do, how did he have to treat people, and what little people were crushed and elbowed out of the way for him to climb to the top?
Bill Gates climbed to the top easily because he had no competition. He saw opportunity that no one else saw and he busted his a*s promoting it. Since then he has endeavored to build the better mousetrap. He has responded to exactly what people have told him that they want and he has given the people better than what they have asked for. I don't think Bill Gates should be punished for this. I'll amend my first sentence by saying that Gates didn't climb to the top... he established it as he was going by being catapulted by demand.

I dont think the US hit just military stuff in the war. Wasnt city of Tokyo carpet bombed? And even if the US did warn Hiroshima & nagasaki that they were gonna nuke them, were they militry bases? They seemed more like cities to me.

That is a good point Pigsnielite, there is no point trying to condone (in any way, shape or form) an act of war such as the bombings of Nagasaki or Hiroshima. We, the Western society have to realise that this problem of Palestinian's (and the religion of Islam's) resentment towards the U.S and the so-called civilized world; is a product of us (the allies) pushing the Palestinians out of the holy land. This said these kind of tactics are mind-blowingly twisted. This kind of evil is an evil that we as a society will never understand.

When seeing the footage and hearing the news reports I admit I had tears in my eyes. I think we all (the world) relied on the U.S as this fortress of commerce and military power, but now we see that you are just as vunerable as anyone else. The long term repurcusions of this will be felt for many years, and I think we'll all remember the day, the moment and the feelings we felt for the rest of our lives

Oh, the US does bomb non-military targets at times...but from what I understand, the Japanese were trying to take over the friggin' world man. If so, then I think we did the right thing...especially with all those warnings. I mean, isn't a warning like that, dropping fliers, completely unheard of from anyone else?

ggfletch: any instigation we caused is no where remotely near that which deserves such an attack. And besides: if this is the way they respond to us taking sides on this issue, then I think we took the right side (Isreal's).

originally posted by TWTCommish
ggfletch: any instigation we caused is no where remotely near that which deserves such an attack. And besides: if this is the way they respond to us taking sides on this issue, then I think we took the right side (Isreal's). [/b]
I never suggested anything of the kind. I was just trying to put my point in a historical context, if people don't know, they should. We pushed them out of their own country to appologise to the Jews; this is like saving one persectuted people by persecuting another. I know I'm going to be doing some reading on the subject. I don't think that this in anyway to excuses their actions, God no. We must however acknowledge a part of history that is seldom mentioned when talking about the problem's in Israel.

Hey Og! or whoever posted that Google link

If anyone wants to become a follower of me, you should make plans together
and go out to Arizona desert and make yourselves a small adobe commune. I
will meet you out there if I find that this is indeed what has happened and
I can find the location on the site. If it is secret, I will email and find
out the location.

I live in Az!

Btw, I heard they arested some guys in Boston and also that Chevy Chase (comedian) was on one of the planes. That might be a rumor.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
But another person quoted the "whole thing" as he called it:

Fire in the New City
as the century spins into the new time
the five tiered ring is broken
birds in the skies come into foul hands
panic faces the people

in the city of god, there will be a great thunder
two brothers torn apart by chaos,
while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb,
the third big war when the big city is burning
Check out what that X nut wrote in one of his posts
He also says, "When the FIRST NUKE hits ISRAEL, then ROME then Washington DC
you will see THE CRASH OF WALL STREET!"

The city of God is Jerusalem. The two brothers Jerusalem and Rome and the great leader The Pope?? If they nuke the Pope I think that would be enough to start WWIII and provide a link to the Bible.

Okay, before I hit submit I went and read a bunch of this guy's stuff cuz it was freaking me out. I don't think he's a prophet anymore, just a nut who somehow got involved with the terrorists. I went and read some of his old posts and he talks about aliens and weird stuff like this:

Millions of pounding feet will launch Science Year

Thousands of schools across Britain are being asked to let children jump
together in their playgrounds to create the world's largest scientific
experiment.
At 1100BST on Friday, at least a million children will jump for a minute.

A million children with an average weight of 7st 12 lb (50 kg) jumping 20
times would release two billion joules of energy.

Scientists want to measure the impact on seismometers - machines used to
monitor earthquakes - but it should not register more than three on the
Richter Scale.

I'm not so scared anymore, but what's this Arizona stuff. And flee to the desert stuff? Don't come here.

I have to admit, I really don't understand most of your last post, Frogman.

Anyway, I don't think that It's referring to Rome and all that. If the "two brothers" means anything, it would be the WTC. Even that isn't perfect, but it's as close as we'll get with these predictions.

addendum:

i never said Bill Gates deserved to be punished. let's put it this way: in business, you don't always play nice. i'm not saying he's evil, and i don't knock him for being successful. he earned what he's gotten, his hard work deserves rewards. he doesn't deserve *punishment* just like I said the US doesn't.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I've got some news about the Nostradamus thing!

http://fury.com/article/925.php

Ugggh, people are always debunkin stuff before I can believe in it, dam!!!

I beleive in this one though.

The field of the temple of the vestal virgin,
Not far from Elne and the Pyrenees mountains:
The great tube is hidden in the trunk.
To the north rivers overflown and vines battered.

Vestal virgin, that is obviously Britney Spears! And the great tube is her tube top she wears in Pepsi commercials.

come on, PLite, I know you can think dirtier than THAT ...

And you forgot about her Elne and her Pyrenees

but you know what, i take that back. this is not the place for this kind of talk and i apologize; sometimes i get sidetracked by PLite's humor and wandering attention span ...

Originally posted by OG-
I've got some news about the Nostradamus thing!
Doh! It was freaking me out. You made me p my pants OG. I thought the end of the world was coming.

Anyway I just wanted to find out if all those British kids jumped up and down.