Vanilla Sky question (spoilers)

Tools    

The scene where David is at this club and has a disfigured face, and Sofia acting stand offish and uneasy around David and wouldn't tell him why. And I know much of the movie is a dream including him meeting Sofia when he wakes up on the street. But was what happened at the club reality, or part of the dream?

“You dirty rat...”
Hi manram24! Sorry but I saw this film a long time ago and I don't remember very well. I think that is the typical kind of plot that has different explanations. Have you seen the original versión, Vanilla Sky (2001) is a remake of a Spanish film called Abre los ojos (1997), I recommend you

The scene where David is at this club and has a disfigured face, and Sofia acting stand offish and uneasy around David and wouldn't tell him why. And I know much of the movie is a dream including him meeting Sofia when he wakes up on the street. But was what happened at the club reality, or part of the dream?
i guess its the reality that she doesn t like him anymore, that s where he is so depressed

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
It may not have been based on reality in his life other than that's a bar he visited at one point and that's where the dream lead too just then. I think anyway. That's what I got from it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I guess it depends on if you believe the exposition laden character who explains everything to him at the end.

In his explanation, because David became addicted to prescription drugs and depressed due to his disfigurement, he essentially “pushed” Sofia away. Which resulted in his death in the alley afterwards.

The colour palette really distinguishes his different moods and whether or not it’s a dream.

Of course by the end it could ALL be a dream but I where is the fun in that?