Terminator Salvation

→ in
Tools    

Is it me, or do the new (T3 + T4) movies seem to be watered down versions of T1 and T2? It is a shame really.
Wouldnt say watered down but since James Cameron's lack of involvement quality has droped significantly,

does anyone know why he turned his back on the franchise?

http://palmerfilmspiel.blogspot.com/...ee-on-one.html

my terminator review

In the Beginning...
Wouldnt say watered down but since James Cameron's lack of involvement quality has droped significantly,

does anyone know why he turned his back on the franchise?
James Cameron wanted to do a third installment later in the 1990s, but could never get anything started. Mario Kassar, who was a producer on T2, eventually purchased the rights to the franchise. By the time Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines actually got the green light in 2003, Cameron was too busy to get involved. (Presumably, he was out exploring the Titanic wreckage with Bill Paxton for that IMAX film they produced.)

I seem to remember reading that Arnold Schwarzenegger almost didn't commit because he knew Cameron wasn't involved, but Cameron assured him that he didn't mind someone else carrying on the franchise.

This was rubbish, I'm not going to sugar coat it. There are so many flaws I wouldn't know where to begin.

WARNING: "Terminator Salvation" spoilers below
Sam Worthington gave the only solid performance and his character was the only one with any significance on screen. He dies at the end apparently. It can't be true, where would it be without him.

The movie had an acomplished cast, really great visual effects and a story already written for them (T1, T2 etc etc). How can you mess that up? McG did!

The only way I can describe this movie is weak, with maybe the exception of Sam Worthington who gave a pretty assured performance. Bale's character is totally underwritten which is extremely strange when you come to think about it - the entire series is about John Connors rise to prominence. Where did that go? There is a mention of it but there was no follow through. Thats the story! Thats what the fans of the original 2 were hoping to see!! But no, intercut a story of a human/cyborg with some more explosions to keep all the Transformers fans happy until that comes out. The movies is just completely drained of intelligence, which is a shame.

Overall its a story about the enduring power of the human heart and how that human spririt can overcome the souless machines. Which is quite laughable actually. You just have to go back into our recent history to get a perfect examples of how the enduring power of the human heart is non-existant.

Yes, it's better than the 3rd. But that isnt saying much. 2/5.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
"Wake-up, wake-up, wake-uuup. It's the first of the month."

This means the HBO roster got turned over and I see Salvation appear. Been wanting to re-watch this for a while. I remember enjoying it, but it seems to catch a lot of flack.

And why is T2 the only film they never show anywhere?

This might just do nobody any good.
I remember being excited for this in ‘09.

What’s Jake Sully up to this days?

He was getting the push there for a while. I remember proclaiming him the next big action hero.

Had to look up the name. My first instinct was that he was the guy that inspired this classic.

you know what this is right?
NSFW

I guess this wasn't quite like I remember. More like a Transformers movie than anything I can think of. Anton Yelchin always seemed so genuine in his roles, but I don't get casting him as Kyle Reese.

Welcome to the human race...
Why not? Casting him as a younger Reese was one of the better things that Salvation did (especially in comparison to using Jai Courtney in Genisys).

Michael Biehn is so iconic for his scifi roles that I just don't see the transformation happening. I get that he woulda been though some stuff by then, but I just don't see him becoming the character from the Terminator. I don't know how one could really justify an answer, but Yelchin just had a kindness to him.

I just watched this the other day. I still like it quite a bit. I wonder what the sixth one is gonna be about? Maybe have every Terminator from every movie before it in one film? Wait... dammit. Well whatever, they can do it again I guess. I'm a sucker for robuts.