My homage to Stanley Kubrick

Tools    

Hello, all.

Since in 2013 Kubrick would have gotten to the age of 85, I wanted to do something special for the occasion. Something very short, but very much planned, almost mathematically constructed, having each and every object appearing in the frame for a certain reason, with a lot of references to Stanley Kubrick films, my tribute to my favorite director:

I worked almost 9 month at this film (after work and in the weekends). I prepared every aspect of it. I, myself, made all the special effects. So... the film really represents me. That's why I'm anxious to hear your honest opinions on the film. Please, be extensive with the explanations (I really want to learn something from these 9 months of work).

If you do like it, you can also manifest yourself with a LIKE on youtube and by sharing it. This would help me in the competition I'm in, so any youtube LIKE will be greatly appreciated.
As well as any extensive critic, of course!

Thank you!

Although only a minute long, I thought that was really good man, will watch it again now and pause it to check all the references, but the computer/HAL thing is clever and really great

Edit: Noticed the Killer's Kiss CD thing, clever

Wartime Lies = Paths of Glory?
Perfume = Lolita? (haven't seen that film though)

I'm trying to see if I can spot any for The Killing or Full Metal Jacket

Hey, Daniel.

Thanks a lot for the quick and generous response.
Being such a short film (because of the rules) the references are not extensively shown. In fact they're very much hidden...

If you're curious, you can find the complete list of references here: http://altspaceodyssey.wordpress.com...ces-explained/

But only if you want. If you like the game of discovering them, I wouldn't want to spoil that.

Thank you, once again!

PS: Just a hint! Some of the books ended up as Kubrick films, some of them weren't that lucky...

Nice. Noticed the Droogs boiler hat on the mannequin.