Top Drug Movies

Tools    

I must become Caligari..!

I saw this the other day... What the F*ck?!?! No Sober mind could come up with this.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Loner
My favorite is Drugstore Cowboy
Ditto.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Ditto.
Filmed in beautiful Portland, Oregon.

...and that's not even the best part. William S. Burroughs as Tom the Priest is.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
...and that's not even the best part. William S. Burroughs as Tom the Priest is.

"They go around looking younger for a few days. Then they need more."

Easily Matt Dillon's best performance.

Who I really liked was character actor James Remar as Gentry.

Is it just me or does Depp look high through out the whole movie of Pirates of the Carribean? I would say so...add that to your list.

peace

A novel adaptation.
I'm flabbergasted that the Roger Corman helmed, Jack Nicholson penned, Fonda/Hopper classic THE TRIP wasn't number one on everyone's lists.

'Cause it's a Lovely Sort of Death, people.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Pretty much any movie with Sean William Scott in it.

But my picks would be the two top best movies of all time - "Dude, Where's My Car" and "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."

You've forgotten about RUSH, which was one of the originals of this kind of movie, I think.

Dazed is awesome. "What did you say back there man? You said...someones tokin' some reefer" "Well don't worry about it man, it was just an observation." "Just an observation eh? Well who the #*#( are you? Issac F#@*ing Newton?"

Scarface - Shows how, while drugs can lead to money, power, and respect, it can also ruin the lives of people.

Requiem for a Dream - Shows how drugs can lead people to do very nasty things just for another fix.

Blow is the best drug movie....

DRUGSTORE COWBOY

THE LOST WEEKEND

MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES

Mrs. BDT to y'all
Fear and Loathing is probably my fave, Traffic had some interesting points and morals, but i was disappointed by the actual movie.

Not sure if it qualifies as a drug movie, but City of God would be my pick.

City of God is def. a drug movie. It's also pretty darned good I wrekun'. Shooting litle kids isn't cool though, especially in their big toe.

Another, The Salton Sea. Not very good, more interesting.

Fear & Loathing... It's just my opinion, that that movie has the reputaiton that it does because it's wierd. It's slugs through two different stories while trying to tie them together. Hunter Thompson deserved a better movie.

Trainspotting, its aight' I guess. You've got your stereotyped heroine addicts, and good visuals. It's a fun watch, except for the baby. I never liked badies that could defy the laws of gravity.

I don't like drugs as a theme though, so you can roll past this one. Should have wrote this at the beginning... my bad.

1. Trainspotting
2. Permanent Midnight
*3. Traffic

i cant think of any other ones i've seen that didn't suck.
*oh yeah i forgot traffic.

Traffic all the way!

And then Trainspotting.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

"Trainspotting, its aight' I guess. You've got your stereotyped heroine addicts, and good visuals. It's a fun watch, except for the baby. I never liked badies that could defy the laws of gravity."

Yea trainspotting is not about the "stereotypical" heroin junkie...not at all. trust not even close. its a purely subjective look at drug usuage nothing is a sterotype